1. Originally posted by ymalkiel:On a similar, but different note, has anyone else wondered if U2 will put the songs from Achtung Baby in the vault for the next tour after this residency? They did that with the songs from The Joshua Tree after the anniversary tour.
    It’s a bit different with them only doing AB for around a dozen shows compared to a world tour with JT. Having said that they could still chose to do that as only One hasn’t really been dropped for a long period of time in the past, very few shows dropped in general in fact. Can’t say a show in the future with no AB is the most exciting thought considering it has a good few of their best songs on it.
  2. I can't do anything about them having chosen Bram to play these shows, and he apparently has their support. So, I guess nothing is off limits. Like I've said, Larry's style can be duplicated, but it still ain't him. I've seen several of Bram's performances and he reminds me of Dave Grohl at times. Here's a horrible thought - 40 with monster, hair-flying drums 😳 regarding dropping AB songs, maybe they'll see how it feels playing the songs through the residency and see what they want to keep or dump. I'll bet Acrobat will be gone, maybe One , UTEOTW and UV?
  3. Sunday Blood Sunday, Streets, and 40 are the 3 for me, I think. Also, weirdly, maybe Elevation. And anything from Boy…especially Out of Control.

I still want to hear how the hell this guy got picked, because I don’t understand. Did they know him? Did he audition? Is he secretly a super fan? Honestly, if he’s a super fan and he’s been secretly practicing for years and just managed to get insanely lucky in slipping into this, I’m not gonna begrudge him. But the whole thing is still so strange.
  4. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:Sunday Blood Sunday, Streets, and 40 are the 3 for me, I think. Also, weirdly, maybe Elevation. And anything from Boy…especially Out of Control.

I still want to hear how the hell this guy got picked, because I don’t understand. Did they know him? Did he audition? Is he secretly a super fan? Honestly, if he’s a super fan and he’s been secretly practicing for years and just managed to get insanely lucky in slipping into this, I’m not gonna begrudge him. But the whole thing is still so strange.
    Yeah Elevation has turned into a Larry song, hasn't it? Bram's band has a connection with Anton Corbijn and his brother, I'm thinking that had something to do with it

5. saw this on instagram
  6. No song is off-limits without Larry Mullen, just as no Beatles song is off-limits of Paul McCartney without the other ones.
    Songs are pieces of art and meant to be heard AND played.
  7. Originally posted by Papo:No song is off-limits without Larry Mullen, just as no Beatles song is off-limits of Paul McCartney without the other ones.
    Agree... except Dirty Old Town or Whiskey in the Jar unless Bram has a good set of pipes
  8. Originally posted by Papo:No song is off-limits without Larry Mullen, just as no Beatles song is off-limits of Paul McCartney without the other ones.
    THIS.
  9. No Larry, No U2. We don't have to discuss something.