I mean....why?
    Because rubymoon needed something to hold on to
  3. Originally posted by Fly40:No line on the horizon :

Time is irrelevant,it's not linear
    Then she put her tongue in my ear

I mean....why?
    I have a soft spot for that part of this music hahaha
  4. Go ahead
  5. When I heard it today, I couldn't help but laugh. I really thought it was funny, like in absurdism...
    but then I realized how horrible an earthquake actually is...

But the million dollar question of course is: who the heck is Fred?

Ouch...I just laught again horrible...
  6. Originally posted by Fly40:No line on the horizon :

Time is irrelevant,it's not linear
    Then she put her tongue in my ear

I mean....why?
    The song isn't necessarily great enough to sustain its meaning, but I don't really think that's a bad lyric at all. The whole concept of the song is not being able to tell when something is going to end, and he's singing the entire time about a mystical girl (who I presume he is in love with, falling for, etc.)

So in that context, what makes that such a horrible lyric? The first line is what she's saying to him, and the second line is her getting even friendlier
  7. Originally posted by JULES23:A mole digging in a hole
    Digging up my soul
    Going down, excavation
    I and I in the sky

Ruins every gig more or less. The sound is great but beyond lazy nonsense lyrics. It makes me think how hard pushed he must be to hold a dictionary to learn new words!

+1000 to this. Great energy live but I can't ever bring myself to sing along to this song. Just awful. Especially when Bono shouts "A MOLE!"
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    When I heard it today, I couldn't help but laugh. I really thought it was funny, like in absurdism...
    but then I realized how horrible an earthquake actually is...

But the million dollar question of course is: who the heck is Fred?

Ouch...I just laught again horrible...
    Bono is probably referring to the current state of politics in the world. Referring to some people's attitudes of being complacent and "It won't happen (here)". They're sleeping and only discover what's really happened when they've woken up.

That's what I think.
  9. The good thing about this site and all of the threads...forums etc...is that we have all our personal opinion,personal idea,personal feeling
    So when someone says something about this there will always be someone who will say something about that.
    And so on...sometimes it happens that you listen to a Song that makes you laugh while someone else is crying..
    That's all.
    So i think that TIME IS IRRELEVANT...
    THEN SHE PUT HER TONGUE IN MY EAR
    Are stupid.in that moment
    Maybe WITH MY NAILS UNDER YOUR HIDE ( do you feel loved) could be taken serious by someone
    I mean...AC\DC has built their success on stupid lyrics
    Thank you.
  10. All of the worst things about Elevation are what makes it the best though!!!

Cmon guys we're scraping the top of the surface in terms of bad lyrics.

Stand Up Comedy is plagued with horrible lyrics, but the ending falling to shambles...

Soul rockin' people on and on
    C'mon ye people
    We're made of stars
    C'mon ye people
    Stand up then sit down for your love

What the fuck does that even mean? And, while we're on the subject of not really making any sense - even though I love this song as a whole - Original of the Species chorus doesn't really add up...does it?

I'll give you everything you want
    Except the thing that you want

(Truthfully, I always imagined he meant "except the thing that you want THE MOST" but those words never do appear)

Some Days are Better Than Others, a song I LOVE, has this inexplicable gem:

Your skin is white but you think you're a brother
    Some days are better than others

And for my finale, I don't even need to post quoted lyrics - the title alone, "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" should have been canned before anyone even hit "play" on the track. Embarrassing.
  11. Originally posted by Fly40:The good thing about this site and all of the threads...forums etc...is that we have all our personal opinion,personal idea,personal feeling
    So when someone says something about this there will always be someone who will say something about that.
    And so on...sometimes it happens that you listen to a Song that makes you laugh while someone else is crying..
    That's all.
    So i think that TIME IS IRRELEVANT...
    THEN SHE PUT HER TONGUE IN MY EAR
    Are stupid.in that moment
    Maybe WITH MY NAILS UNDER YOUR HIDE ( do you feel loved) could be taken serious by someone
    I mean...AC\DC has built their success on stupid lyrics
    Thank you.

You're quite welcome
  12. I'll give you everything you want
    Except the thing that you want

I love that line.