1. Originally posted by bonoschild:The Tiesto remix kind of adds an A-Ha Take On Me kind of vibe. It's cool to be releasing anything new at this point, but another AC release several months after it was initially released, and after the Vegas shows are long behind us? I would have much preferred to see a new song, but I'll take anything new at this point. New stuff will be here soon...
    this confirms that the song will appear on the new album

just joking, i don't know about it too
  2. LOL, the way they're going you might not be wrong and they'll include an acoustic version as a bonus track
  3. or a reimagined version
  4. Atomic City - the more I hear it the worse it sounds

Sorry guys - not for me

Too safe, generic and bland

The sound of 4 men forgetting they ever made Achtung Baby
  5. The guy who only listened to Achtung Baby, doesn’t like the song made by the people who made Achtung Baby.. talk about an easy position to be in.. I think Atomic City is fun as hell. I think that’s all it’s supposed to be. It’s like watching shudder Island, and saying “ this is the guy who made Goodfellas?!” It’s a completely different kind of movie. Not everything is a contrast and compare.
  6. Originally posted by justinpushplay:The guy who only listened to Achtung Baby, doesn’t like the song made by the people who made Achtung Baby.. talk about an easy position to be in.. I think Atomic City is fun as hell. I think that’s all it’s supposed to be. It’s like watching shudder Island, and saying “ this is the guy who made Goodfellas?!” It’s a completely different kind of movie. Not everything is a contrast and compare.
    Yes - everything IS contrast and compare

That's the whole point of creativity
  7. Originally posted by justinpushplay:The guy who only listened to Achtung Baby, doesn’t like the song made by the people who made Achtung Baby.. talk about an easy position to be in.. I think Atomic City is fun as hell. I think that’s all it’s supposed to be. It’s like watching shudder Island, and saying “ this is the guy who made Goodfellas?!” It’s a completely different kind of movie. Not everything is a contrast and compare.
    I never quite thought of it this way until your comment but Atomic City might just be to U2 what Shiny Happy People is to R.E.M. It doesn’t stack up against the anthems and the hits, but it’s the band having a bit of fun with a song that doesn’t sound as earnest as much of their other material.
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]
    I never quite thought of it this way until your comment but Atomic City might just be to U2 what Shiny Happy People is to R.E.M. It doesn’t stack up against the anthems and the hits, but it’s the band having a bit of fun with a song that doesn’t sound as earnest as much of their other material.
    Yes, good point by justin - but I hate that bloody REM song too

Give me earnest every time
  9. I was mentioning HTDAAB in another thread and was thinking How To Dismantle An Atomic City would either be a great title for a remix or a bootleg
  10. You genuinely think the point of creativity is to compare it with other things that are creative? if the Beatles knew the legacy that Sergeant Pepper would’ve had, they may never have had the balls to ever go in the studio again. That was Presley would’ve never stood in front of a microphone after the sun sessions.. because God forbid what comes next may not compare. Comparing is more of the same or nothing at all, no one has ever gone a different direction by putting up their current work against their past. It’s too intimidating. It’s like Bono said when they were making baby, “You have to reject one expression of the band first, before you get to the next expression. And in between you have nothing”