1. Surely a tease or two is an easy way to put the feelers out for a trade without making it obvious?

I’d be happy with a few tracks from an uncirculated soundboard from my favourite band. I would also be furious at the utter cock tease but you can only be thankful for what you get for free rather than pissed at what you don’t.

Age old argument though.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:Surely a tease or two is an easy way to put the feelers out for a trade without making it obvious?

I’d be happy with a few tracks from an uncirculated soundboard from my favourite band. I would also be furious at the utter cock tease but you can only be thankful for what you get for free rather than pissed at what you don’t.

Age old argument though.
    I'm not pissed at all. I just don't see the point of teasing. If someone wants to trade, just say it.
  3. I don’t usually say much when it comes to the sharing of recordings but when I seen the word tease I thought it was a 30 second sample of something and maybe that would have been a bit of a dodgy move, there surely can’t be many people that are interested in hearing only a short part of a song but this is a full song that was shared. Surely a full song performance is something a fan could enjoy and can be grateful for? You don’t have to be grateful of course but when we’re not paying anything for it and someone else has taken to the time to record, mix and master a recording and then chosen to share it when they don’t need to whether it’s 1 song or a full 20 song gig I think it’s something I can appreciate. How often do the bands themselves throw free live tracks at us?
  4. ^^^ Thanks for the first accurate reply.
  5. That's tough to watch! Not as bad as their appearance on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing a few years ago, but still makes me squirm inside. They performed three songs on this BBC Radio 2's Piano Room: Radio 2 Piano Room Month, Simple Minds: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0bkrfyv via @bbciplayer
    I thought well at least they stayed away from "Don't You...". They didn't need to perform that song, there was enough la-la-la-la's in their cover version of "The Walls Came Down".
    My favourite band too!
  6. Ik like it

Here's the full performance:
  7. Originally posted by cdmackgreen:[..]
    That's tough to watch! Not as bad as their appearance on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing a few years ago, but still makes me squirm inside. They performed three songs on this BBC Radio 2's Piano Room: Radio 2 Piano Room Month, Simple Minds: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0bkrfyv via @bbciplayer
    I thought well at least they stayed away from "Don't You...". They didn't need to perform that song, there was enough la-la-la-la's in their cover version of "The Walls Came Down".
    My favourite band too!
    You are in the minority most people liked it and Jim Kerr sounds great 👍.
  8. You surely aren’t talking about the same bbc performance as I just listened to of alive and kicking? That vocal is atrocious.
  9. -
  10. Well if I'm in the minority, then I'm in the minority!
    Just expressing my own opinion on my all-time favourite band.
    Quick question, how do you know most people liked it?
  11. Originally posted by cdmackgreen:[..]
    Well if I'm in the minority, then I'm in the minority!
    Just expressing my own opinion on my all-time favourite band.
    Quick question, how do you know most people liked it?
    FFS give him a break the guy is 62 sang his lungs out to millions of people for over 4 decades the fact he can still hold a note is an incredible achievement,and BTW the general consensus was positive on YouTube.