1. Originally posted by cmaly:U2 is possibly a residency band now. They could do months on Broadway. A Red Rocks residency... Dublin residency... Berlin residency... anywhere but Vegas.
    Nah they can still fill stadiums across the globe and they'll be eager to tour after the cabin fever of doing Vegas and the long gap since they were last on the road.
  2. Originally posted by cmaly:U2 is possibly a residency band now. They could do months on Broadway. A Red Rocks residency... Dublin residency... Berlin residency... anywhere but Vegas.

Why would you consider them to be a residency band now? Sphere was an obvious choice and win- new venue and tons of 💲.
  3. Originally posted by tuf392664:[..]
    Wake up dead man, if you wear that velvet dress and staring at the sun could all sound fine nowadays. If they could come up with a good live arrangement musically for if god will send his angels I think Bono could sing that one ok too. The rest I’d stay well clear of.

They also did a version of Please at the U2 at the BBC show in 2017 with the orchestra which was pretty good…
  4. Originally posted by tuf392664:[..]
    Wake up dead man, if you wear that velvet dress and staring at the sun could all sound fine nowadays. If they could come up with a good live arrangement musically for if god will send his angels I think Bono could sing that one ok too. The rest I’d stay well clear of.

They also did a version of Please at the U2 at the BBC show in 2017 with the orchestra which was pretty good…
  5. Originally posted by nberrys:[..]

🤔🤔🤔 I don't think that's true.
  6. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]

Why would you consider them to be a residency band now? Sphere was an obvious choice and win- new venue and tons of 💲.
    Larry's health and age. I know, "but The Rolling Stones...". U2 doesn't seem to have the momentum (physically or musically) to do a massive tour imo. If not traveling helps Larry play a series shows, then cater to his needs.
  7. I'm not a techno person, but having Berlin rave footage appear on my Instagram this week, I was blown away by the technical stage production of the events and venues. Stunning. U2 should hire these amazing light and visual artisans, place them next to Willie Williams, create a live U2 show, and blow minds.
  8. Originally posted by nberrys:[..]

9. I don't know where this version of Please is recorded, but Bono's voice sounds more like 2001 than 2017 BBC session
  10. Whoops, thought that was part of the bbc show but upon further examination it looks like this video splices a few extra songs into the bbc setlist for some reason, so I just assumed it was one show.