1. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Ah yes I see. Part of the reason I prefer arena tours is that while they do have to play the hits, there’s a better chance for deep cuts to be sprinkled throughout.

Then again I did see them play “Your blue room” at soldier field in Chicago, so who knows?
    Ha! I saw YBR in a stadium in Toronto in 2009. I was happy to hear it but the crowd was absolutely dead during the performance.
  2. Originally posted by muzika:[..]

They can fill out stadiums everywhere except US. And even that coud work with a great stage design (see 360). Hit singles aimt gonna happen.
    Most of the US did not see the shows!
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Ha! I saw YBR in a stadium in Toronto in 2009. I was happy to hear it but the crowd was absolutely dead during the performance.

I also heard it in the Giants stadium in 2009 and it was a toilet / chat break for anyone around me. I had a similar experience for Acrobat on the E&I tour - I’m going crazy and people around me were checking their phones, going to the bathroom, talking etc.
  4. Originally posted by podiumboy:I bet you’d be surprised how well U2 could fill stadiums in the US right now. They haven’t been here since 2018 (except for the sphere). Even bands like Green Day and the Chili Peppers have done successful stadium tours in the last couple years. It’s kind of the trend right now.

They had issues sellimg out arenas in 2018.
  5. Right, but they sold out stadiums in 2017 all over the country. Even places that didn’t sell out still had decent sized crowds for places like Buffalo, Kansas City, New Orleans etc.

Demand was a little bit low in 2018 as a result. I imagine the demand for U2 in 2025 will be very high. I was very surprised that even cities like Chicago, Philly, DC, had upper rear levels curtained off due to low sales. That really shouldn’t happen with U2, those tickets were too expensive.
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Right, but they sold out stadiums in 2017 all over the country. Even places that didn’t sell out still had decent sized crowds for places like Buffalo, Kansas City, New Orleans etc.

Demand was a little bit low in 2018 as a result. I imagine the demand for U2 in 2025 will be very high. I was very surprised that even cities like Chicago, Philly, DC, had upper rear levels curtained off due to low sales. That really shouldn’t happen with U2, those tickets were too expensive.
    Demand is high! No tour for most of the US since 2018! Every state I think would have high demand except maybe for Nevada, California, Arizona, and anything close to the Sphere
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Right, but they sold out stadiums in 2017 all over the country. Even places that didn’t sell out still had decent sized crowds for places like Buffalo, Kansas City, New Orleans etc.

Tickets were indeed more for ei (2018) compared to ie (2015) iirc. Plus the didn’t switch things up enough for the NA shows…they got lazy and sales suffered.
  8. Stadium shows are an easy way for artists to reach the most amount of people with the least amount of effort, which might be good for the artist but it’s invariably a sub-optimal experience for the fans.
    1) The sound is often inferior and variable across the stadium;
    2) The event is subject to weather and down here a summer show can mean 100F/38C or torrential storm.
    3) Sight lines are often impacted by lighting and sound towers
    4) Seats in the nosebleeds or rear of the stadium mean your watching ants on stage (or the video)

I’ll keep doing them for the right artists but I think purpose built arenas and smaller venues have more appeal..
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Tickets were indeed more for ei (2018) compared to ie (2015) iirc. Plus the didn’t switch things up enough for the NA shows…they got lazy and sales suffered.
    Also the stage production was similar, no JT or R&H songs which are extremely popular (especially in the US )and 3 tours over the space of 4 years was over saturation.