1. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

yeah i love this version too. especially after "you're f**king beautiful" when bono throws his arms up in the air and looks upward arrogantly. also at the end of the rant when he yells "television!"

[YouTube Video]

Oh yeah, that's also THE best version of Desire for me
    just R O C K S !!! => GREAT guitarwork and so well sung by a "Texasboy"
  2. Originally posted by AidanFormigoniElevation Tour version from the Boston DVD

Totally agree.

3. I think it's the Boston one for me. But it's really hard to choose. Also the ZooTV and Lovetown (with 'So you wanna be a rock and roll star'' snippet ) are amazing.
  4. a couple other great and UNIQUE versions:

1. 1997-12-03 PopMart Mexico City
    -Bono & Edge play acoustic guitar, so not full band.
    -BUT, at the end, Bono sings 2 lines of La Bamba. It's hilarious.
    -Very short and to the point

YouTube:

---

2. 2000-12-05, Irving Plaza, Pre-Elevation
    -Bono talks about being in a band, less of a street gang, "it's a lot more like the priesthood, or the mob. It's an organization that you won't get out of while you're alive." He mentions Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins and Zach De La Rocha of Rage Against the Machine right after they broke up.
    -Bono gives the band a lengthy introduction for the first time. Very funny.
    -Small crowd (1000, intimate) sings loud

YouTube (no introduction):

---

3. 1992-08-16 ZooTV,
    -VERY similar to Yankee Stadium w/ one basic difference:
    -Instead of saying "you're f***ing beautiful" into the mirror, he says, "you're a f***ing ugly son of a b***h"
    -The "television!" rant is a little different ("I believe in M&Ms! I believe in Coca Cola!")

YouTube:

---

4. 1989-09-27 - Sydney, Australia - Entertainment Centre
    -Unfortunately, the U2start boot is VERY LOW quality, but there's a hi quality TV broadcast version on YouTube:
    -Sydney audience is crazy
    -Edge solo, just like Rotterdam 1990-01-10

YouTube:

---

*****5. Rattle And Hum film:
    -It's a musical journey!
    -I'm sorry, I really think this version should have made the album. I guess it's too raw and not radio-friendly and polished up, but that's really the way I think Desire was meant to be played. This one has a lot more rhythm section (powerful bass and drums) which are the force behind Bo Diddley's clave-beat:
    -BEST PART... the opening *tick* *tick* *tick* "HOO!" is so powerful. this kicks the shit out of the wimpy "yeah" that opens up the album version
    -Bono is much more playful on this take. listen to delivery on, "with a shot-gawwn," "oh yeah!" (before edge's solo)

YouTube:
  5. don't forget about Saitama - 2006-11-30. Bono really gives it his all. Harks back to the LoveTown days
  6. My favorite version is the one with the Hollywood remix intro.
    It's simply amazing
  7. Originally posted by stefano1973My favorite version is the one with the Hollywood remix intro.
    It's simply amazing

Agreed. It sounds like ZooTV in a recording studio.
  8. having a listen to an all time favourite show right now, 2001-06-09, the last night in boston. Forgot just how good that version of desire is. And of course, any version with rock n roll star as a snippet
  9. ZooTV version or electric Lovetown version
  10. Lovetown and it's not even close. Simply put: the worst version of Desire in Lovetown is better than any other performance afterwards.
    Just listen to Sydney 89/09/17 or Rotterdam 90/01/10 and tell me there's something better than that.
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Lovetown and it's not even close. Simply put: the worst version of Desire in Lovetown is better than any other performance afterwards.
    Just listen to Sydney 89/09/17 or Rotterdam 90/01/10 and tell me there's something better than that.
    +1. Desire is almost not worth hearing after Lovetown it just hasn't been done justice since in my opinion.

But you have to love the Dude (Looks Like A Lady) snippet in Boston, 2001
  12. Yeah, I'm not saying there aren't good performances after Lovetown, but the latter are in a completely different league.