1. Am I remembering correctly that the result of this trip to London was the concert that the record labels attended and they all left halfway through U2's set cos they didn't like them....?
  2. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Am I remembering correctly that the result of this trip to London was the concert that the record labels attended and they all left halfway through U2's set cos they didn't like them....?
    Yeah according to Wikipedia anyway it wasn’t until a gig in Dublin that the Island representative signed them up and the London trip wasn’t really a success. However in terms of the story about Bob and the other family members giving them £500 each the fact they weren’t signed up isn’t significant. It’s all about the gesture from the parents and the band now saying thank you for having a bit of faith in us.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah according to Wikipedia anyway it wasn’t until a gig in Dublin that the Island representative signed them up and the London trip wasn’t really a success. However in terms of the story about Bob and the other family members giving them £500 each the fact they weren’t signed up isn’t significant. It’s all about the gesture from the parents and the band now saying thank you for having a bit of faith in us.
    Yeah ahaha, I just always think it's a bit funny that the trip that they hyped up as being 'the one' actually didn't do them very much good, but as you say it's about the gesture 🙏
  4. That ending to SBS when Bono reads out the names of bombing victims makes the hairs stand up,very powerful.
  5. oh yes. the whole SBS performance is brilliant. one of their most powerful and emotional.
  6. Definitely the best show on DVD! Because of the death of his father, his voice got filled with emotions. Kite, the shouts in the intro of Streets, New Years Day.... No other show on DVD can top that one!
  7. Why was the Boston show released when they had Slane Castle recorded a few months later?
    Not that i'm complaining,i love the Boston dvd i just wonder why they opted as Boston as the "main" release.
    If only they released 2 shows from every tour.
  8. Originally posted by kezman:Why was the Boston show released when they had Slane Castle recorded a few months later?
    Not that i'm complaining,i love the Boston dvd i just wonder why they opted as Boston as the "main" release.
    Slane was only released after a petition from fans after parts of it were aired on TV.
  9. Originally posted by kezman:Why was the Boston show released when they had Slane Castle recorded a few months later?
    I prefer Boston but even taking away my own personal preference Boston was a much better representation of what the tour was with the higher presence of ATYCLB tracks and being indoors as well. I’m glad they made that the main release from the tour. It would be cool though if they released 2 or more shows even per tour.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I prefer Boston but even taking away my own personal preference Boston was a much better representation of what the tour was with the higher presence of ATYCLB tracks and being indoors as well. I’m glad they made that the main release from the tour. It would be cool though if they released 2 or more shows even per tour.
    Would love to see one of the Washington D.C. shows they filmed from E+I get a release. I get that it's a somewhat recycled setlist from I+E but I saw Philly night 1 from 2018 and D.C. is the closest to my personal experience seeing the band for the first time.
  11. We know it's in the can.
  12. Originally posted by Jerry:Definitely the best show on DVD! Because of the death of his father, his voice got filled with emotions. Kite, the shouts in the intro of Streets, New Years Day.... No other show on DVD can top that one!
    Yea, I totally agree. The best moment of Slane dvd for me is the vocal transition between AIWIY and Where The Streets Have No Name when Bono's voice goes into opera. It's absolutely amazing, sends chills down my spine every single time .
    Btw. I love the moment when Bono is smiling and makes very accurate comment to fan who sprayed him with water "All I want is f...n' you man" It's nice break from heavy, deeply touching atmosphere there was