1. I really love it. Even if it is 12/12 Achrung is just so good. It is a fun little song though. I always loved the “woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle” part.
  2. This is one oe my best friend’s favourite U2 song (I’d him above a casual fan as he knows most of the U2 catalogue due to me haha, but he’s not going out of his way to listen to U2 super often).

It’s just vibes for days, and U2 don’t have many songs like that. So many U2 songs are very in your face, even the ones that are slow and quieter - the lyrics can be heavy, demand your attention, the quietness might even perk your ears up - but this song is just like your perfect 3AM song. The song begins and you just immediately get wrapped up in the mood of it, and it’s just so damn good. It’s chill, unserious, that quick, ascending synth loop that repeats throughout the song gives it its personality along with the rhythm section.

This is like my go-to “I just want to chill out” U2 song. When I found out so many consider it the worst song on the album I was horrified haha. I love this song.
  3. The live version guitar riff is an all time favorite for me. “let’s get that cool groove going Edge”
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:This is one of my best friend’s favourite U2 song (I’d him above a casual fan as he knows most of the U2 catalogue due to me haha, but he’s not going out of his way to listen to U2 super often).

It’s just vibes for days, and U2 don’t have many songs like that. So many U2 songs are very in your face, even the ones that are slow and quieter - the lyrics can be heavy, demand your attention, the quietness might even perk your ears up - but this song is just like your perfect 3AM song. The song begins and you just immediately get wrapped up in the mood of it, and it’s just so damn good. It’s chill, unserious, that quick, ascending synth loop that repeats throughout the song gives it its personality along with the rhythm section.

This is like my go-to “I just want to chill out” U2 song. When I found out so many consider it the worst song on the album I was horrified haha. I love this song.
    I consider it the worst song on the album.

And it's still a great song.

It just shows how fucking great that album is, dude.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I consider it the worst song on the album.

And it's still a great song.

It just shows how fucking great that album is, dude.
    Fair point.

I'd consider So Cruel the worst song on the album though It's the only one I sometimes feel the urge to skip.
  6. I'm joining you on that one. Wouldn't skip any songs but tht one becuase i need to be in a particular mood for So Cruel.
  7. Yeah, So Cruel has fantastic lyrics and music that’s nice enough but not outstanding. Still a great great song, but the weakest link in the album.

Tryin To Throw Your Arms, however, is a permanent brilliant vibe, no worries, no overthinking, just magic. Definitely agree with it being one of U2’s chillest tunes.
  8. So Cruel one of my favs of Achtung Baby. Fantastic Song and Lyrics
  9. I love the Dublin 93 version.
  10. Yep. Whenever I listen to this song, it's got to be the live Zoo version. Just fantastic.
  11. It’ll be cool if they play it live again at some point
  12. It was in the running for 360 in 2010, wasn’t it?