1. Aughhh, that’s frustrating- seems strange than an already-rehearsed AB deep cut didn’t come back alongside all the AB material in 2011.
  2. There was one show where Bono gave the girl the handycam, and she wandered off to film Edge. 'She wants The Edge...' Bono told the audience. Any idea which night this was? I know I've seen the footage, just not for a good few years.
  3. Originally posted by theedge269:There was one show where Bono gave the girl the handycam, and she wandered off to film Edge. 'She wants The Edge...' Bono told the audience. Any idea which night this was? I know I've seen the footage, just not for a good few years.
    Haven't seen footage, but on the bootleg of Rotterdam 15-6-1992 Bono shouts: "Edge, it's you she's looking for. What can I say. I'm hurt..."
  4. Beautiful sweet song
    I like the version they played in Washington (16-08-1992)
    That loop a lot of times! lol

Originally posted by lagas269:
    Which live performances of "Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World " do you guys think are best?

1993-08-28 Is the best version (for me) Naomi Campbell in the camera, funny.
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Aughhh, that’s frustrating- seems strange than an already-rehearsed AB deep cut didn’t come back alongside all the AB material in 2011.
    Interesting to see this song (and Love Is Blindness) vanish after being regulars for all of ZOO TV while Wild Horses got dropped early yet gets revived every decade. It’s just funny how these things work out.
  6. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    Interesting to see this song (and Love Is Blindness) vanish after being regulars for all of ZOO TV while Wild Horses got dropped early yet gets revived every decade. It’s just funny how these things work out.
    Both love is blindness and arms around the world have been played more than wild horses still which seems even more bizarre.
  7. WGRYWH has had a strange role in the U2 canon. It was a somewhat successful single, even though it had been dropped from regular setlist rotation by the time of it's single release. It was not included on the Best of 90-00, despite being a more recognizable song than others that were included. It was next played on the Vertigo Tour, in both the album version and the acoustic version, and was abandoned again. Then, they played it at the opening show of 2018, abandoned it again, and didn't pick it back up again until halfway through the European leg, where they finally NAIL IT live, and it finally lives up to it's potential as a live song. It's my wife's favorite U2 song, along with Stay. It's not some obscure tune, like Hole Joe or whatever.
  8. Originally posted by podiumboy:WGRYWH has had a strange role in the U2 canon. It was a somewhat successful single, even though it had been dropped from regular setlist rotation by the time of it's single release. It was not included on the Best of 90-00, despite being a more recognizable song than others that were included. It was next played on the Vertigo Tour, in both the album version and the acoustic version, and was abandoned again. Then, they played it at the opening show of 2018, abandoned it again, and didn't pick it back up again until halfway through the European leg, where they finally NAIL IT live, and it finally lives up to it's potential as a live song. It's my wife's favorite U2 song, along with Stay. It's not some obscure tune, like Hole Joe or whatever.
    Holy Joe would have been killer live! That K-mart version is great but on regular shows would have been even better
  9. Originally posted by podiumboy:WGRYWH has had a strange role in the U2 canon. It was a somewhat successful single, even though it had been dropped from regular setlist rotation by the time of it's single release. It was not included on the Best of 90-00, despite being a more recognizable song than others that were included. It was next played on the Vertigo Tour, in both the album version and the acoustic version, and was abandoned again. Then, they played it at the opening show of 2018, abandoned it again, and didn't pick it back up again until halfway through the European leg, where they finally NAIL IT live, and it finally lives up to it's potential as a live song. It's my wife's favorite U2 song, along with Stay. It's not some obscure tune, like Hole Joe or whatever.
    Hole Joe
  10. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    LIB may have suffered from the high profile place it had in the setlist.

It also may be not played for personal reasons.
  11. There are at least four tracks off if AB that fans haven't been saturated with and are not warhorses.