1. Wasn’t it more recent than that? 2018?
  2. No, it was in some of the promo stuff from 2015 if I recall. Then just disappeared.
  3. @jick Agree, the backing track sounds the same as that "hidden" version on somewhere on the Salome cd's 4-7, I have that somewhere. They just took some old accoustic take (probably preceeding Berlin) and scat-sang the final lyrics in 2010/11 "campfire style"

With most other "baby" versions I'd believe it was a "timestamp" at some point but with Tryin' and One I don't believe that was the case. One has the final album vocal slapped on an early instrumental take (probably the Berlin one) for example. Same goes for some of the extra tracks like Oh Berlin, Blow your house down, Heaven and Hell. It's not a bad thing for me, but can be a bit deceiving.

Originally posted by jick:The Kindergarten Achtung Baby version seems to have a modern Bono vocal take in it. Maybe those are circa 2010 or 2011 vocals? It surely doesn't sound like 90's to me, but that could just be me.

Cheers,

J
  4. Found that Salome bootleg version. It's basically 3 takes of (I think) Bono/Edge sitting with Lanois in the control room singing & trying out ideas over a (half) accoustic backing track. Could upload it if anyone's interested
  5. Soundcloud is quickest but also strictest on Copyrights. But they have no weapon against "Bongolese" so I got lucky. This is that salome (somewhere on cd- 4-7) track, although it soinds more like a couple of ideas on tape patched together. Bono talks about the ideas he has and Lanois + Edge are trying vocal ideas:

6. I the loop in the song.
    In the live version of the song.
  7. Found back that Auckland '89 soundcheck where they play an epic early version of Tryin' but it had terrible windnoise making most of the song inaudible.

So tried to clean it up in a few steps. Technical side: First RX7 wind remover (at its max), then Ozone Saturated fat mastering + a Vocal Imager and a second drum bus controller (TDR Kotelnikov plugin) because the low wind bursts sat with the drums. Lastly some dynamics to bring as much of the 'song' to the forefront.

The best parts at least sound like a bad audience bootleg now , wish there was a clean recording of this (there must be in the U2 vaults)

8. There's this other jam from the same soundcheck that I treated similarly, but I don't know where to post that It sounds a bit like UV/Until but theoretically could als be Zooropa's drumtrack?
  9. Originally posted by melon51:Found back that Auckland '89 soundcheck where they play an epic early version of Tryin' but it had terrible windnoise making most of the song inaudible.

So tried to clean it up in a few steps. Technical side: First RX7 wind remover (at its max), then Ozone Saturated fat mastering + a Vocal Imager and a second drum bus controller (TDR Kotelnikov plugin) because the low wind bursts sat with the drums. Lastly some dynamics to bring as much of the 'song' to the forefront.

The best parts at least sound like a bad audience bootleg now , wish there was a clean recording of this (there must be in the U2 vaults)

[YouTube Video]
    Wow !! Really cool !! Thanks for your immense effort.