1. I bought it at last last night! Along with the Rolling Stones 'The Biggest Bang' 4 DVD Box Set so excited!!! What do you guys think of this show? I had the bootleg beforehand and was wondering why Stay wasn't in the bootleg?? So strange. Awesome show btw seen parts on youtube and got curious. The bonus DVD doesn't have that much. idk i haven't seen everything. My favorite parts are Elevation, Until The End Of The World, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Desire, Bad, Streets, Bullet And The Fly

bad editing on Gone.... 2 different guitars? HAHAHA trying 2 get away with it funny guys...

wat are your thought on this dvd? would love opinions.
  2. Personally I like it a lot; it's not as good as Go Home but it's a very different show and there are great bits.

The surround sound on Elevation is amazing, and All I Want Is You/40/Streets - Wow!

But I probably listen to this less than my other (official) U2 DVD's.
  3. Originally posted by djrlewis All I Want Is You/40/Streets - Wow!

It's Bad/40/Streets

This DVD is really cool, it's the first I've seen but I don't listen much to it.

4. This dvd introduced me to Bad for which I will always be grateful. Extraordinary version of an extraordinary song which was alone worth the price of admission.

And Stay is pretty nice too
  5. Originally posted by djrlewisPersonally I like it a lot; it's not as good as Go Home but it's a very different show and there are great bits.

Yeah. Go Home is representative simply of how great U2 is as a band. Boston shows how great the Elevation Tour was, and how intimate the North American arena shows were. A remarkable gig. Highlights: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Gone, New York, Follow, Stay, Bad, Bullet, The Fly.
  6. Originally posted by Genaro92U2
    bad editing on Gone.... 2 different guitars?

yeah, definitely. Not only were the guitars different (a black 360 and a red 330) but the lighting was also vastly dissimilar. They should have only used the shot of the red Rickenbacker at the end, when he smashes it- the angle is far away enough that you can't really tell it's a different guitar.

Likewise, on Streets, you can hear easily when they cut out Bono saying "Going live to the NBA." And they point the cameras elsewhere.

Otherwise it's a very good concert film. I'd rate their 4th best, after (in this order) Go Home, Popmart Mexico City, Red Rocks.
  7. Originally posted by AAV711[..]

yeah, definitely. Not only were the guitars different (a black 360 and a red 330) but the lighting was also vastly dissimilar. They should have only used the shot of the red Rickenbacker at the end, when he smashes it- the angle is far away enough that you can't really tell it's a different guitar.

Likewise, on Streets, you can hear easily when they cut out Bono saying "Going live to the NBA." And they point the cameras elsewhere.

Otherwise it's a very good concert film. I'd rate their 4th best, after (in this order) Go Home, Popmart Mexico City, Red Rocks.

it doesn't really look like he totally broke the guitar...did he?
  8. yea I agree with all of you its so intimate i love it! Elevation when it goes dark is so cool The extras themselves are pretty good. Expected more for my bucks i payed 32.99 US dollars of my own cash =( saving my lunch money but whatever the show is awesome gotta go gotta go..........
  9. Not one of my favourites but Elevation was awesome on it as was Bad and Streets. $52.95 was what I paid.

Still beats the other DVDs that I've bought for extras, the director/fan/Bono cams are pretty cool. Now if that was done with Slane and Chicago (and not just one tracks) those would be at the top of my list.

But hey, the Elevation Tour was cool and Slane/Boston serve to remind you of that.

PS: Can you still get Red Rocks videos or POPmart Mexico? I'd like to see them.
  10. Popmarts due for DVD release this month
  11. Finally, after 9 years being originally announced for DVD! It was going to be on DVD in 1997/98, but got cancelled. I'll start saving now!
  12. New York is quite strong and powerful on this DVD