1. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:I was just watching this last night. The opening of elevation bd end of the world was fuckin spectacular. And I still maintain that the transition from bad /40 into streets is one of the best moments ever captured on film. Watching this almost depressed me a little because of how old our boys are getting. Reality starts to sink in, even watching something as recent as 360 tour, seeing bono playing guitar.... life moves so fast.
    I felt the same a couple of days ago when I found an old HDD with loads of U2 video bootlegs in it. I watched parts of Zurich & San Sebastián 2010 and East Rutherford & Anaheim 2011 and god, how they've aged since then... They're like a totally different band, and it's been less than 7 years!

I therefore decided not to -consciously- watch anything from 1998 to 2015 for my mental health Zoo TV and earlier is fine because that was already legacy when I started following them, but to think and realize how they have changed and aged since Johannesburgh 1998 is depressing.
  2. Bono's voice is actually quite bad during that Elevation Boston, but the energy is there – it's palpable. Like Matt said earlier on in this thread, the house lights being on for most of Elevation then being killed is absolutely stunning.
  3. Personally I prefer this stage layout to the current one. The tech is becoming too invasive and detracts from their musicianship.
  4. Indoor shows peaked in 2001.
  5. Originally posted by U232323:Personally I prefer this stage layout to the current one. The tech is becoming too invasive and detracts from their musicianship.
    It's simple and effective, it can be versatile this way. There's so much room for variation.
  6. That performance of Gone. Ughhh, sheer intensity.
  7. I miss that song. I absolutely love Gone. Does anyone know what happened at the end? I know edge was pissed and I think I remember there being footage of him screaming at Larry on the documentary included with the dvd
  8. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I miss that song. I absolutely love Gone. Does anyone know what happened at the end? I know edge was pissed and I think I remember there being footage of him screaming at Larry on the documentary included with the dvd
    I recall there being something about Edge's dissatisfaction with Larry's drumming during Gone, while also feeling the band had the thought of the DVD recording at the back of their minds, which made the performance quite stifled & regimented along with a flat crowd that wasn't pleasing them.
  9. I thought I read somewhere that edge had problems with his guitar and then I don’t know if he wanted Larry to end the song slightly earlier but kept going. Also the audio used was from a different night in Boston I believe hence why it sounds good on the dvd, I think they just thought the visuals with edge getting frustrated still worked well.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I thought I read somewhere that edge had problems with his guitar and then I don’t know if he wanted Larry to end the song slightly earlier but kept going. Also the audio used was from a different night in Boston I believe hence why it sounds good on the dvd, I think they just thought the visuals with edge getting frustrated still worked well.
    I think there's shots from different nights used as well. Like, I'm sure Edge's guitar changes colour a couple of times from black to pine, although I'm not sure if that's just the lighting.