1. Originally posted by zooTV4all[..]

Good.

Have you noticed that on the first ever performances of Streets, LA Liquor Rooftop, were the only time the last verse was sung?

As far as i remember this is not true. The last verse was also sung at Tempe at the start of the JT tour. I have to check it.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, I love it, but I wouldn't pay only for seing it. That's what makes a song worth writing in my Top-10 list...

OK, but you would pay to hear Like A Song I guess. Performed once.
  3. Originally posted by zooTV4allOK, but you would pay to hear Like A Song I guess. Performed once.
    I know it (Dundee 1983-02-26)... And of course i'd pay!!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I know it (Dundee 1983-02-26)... And of course i'd pay!!

Well, any idea why it's been performed just once then?
  5. Originally posted by zooTV4allWell, any idea why it's been performed just once then?
    Well, it was the 1st concert of the War Tour, and it was the premiere of ''40'', Seconds, Two Hearts Beat As One, Party Girl and of course Like A Song. They didn't like the way it resulted live, and since then we are without Like A Song...
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, it was the 1st concert of the War Tour, and it was the premiere of ''40'', Seconds, Two Hearts Beat As One, Party Girl and of course Like A Song. They didn't like the way it resulted live, and since then we are without Like A Song...

That's really pity
  7. Maybe strange bump, but I don't want to make another topic for this.

Snippets to Streets like The Playboy Mansion. I think that's great for the next tour. But I think they should do Zooropa as a snippet (the lines 'And I have no compass, and I have no map')

What do you think?
  8. Originally posted by dieder:Maybe strange bump, but I don't want to make another topic for this.

Snippets to Streets like The Playboy Mansion. I think that's great for the next tour. But I think they should do Zooropa as a snippet (the lines 'And I have no compass, and I have no map')

What do you think?

That would be very cool.

Would be cooler if it is a 3 minute snippet including instrumentals
  9. Originally posted by dieder:Maybe strange bump, but I don't want to make another topic for this.

What do you think?

It does fit the song.
    He wants to reach that place, but he has no compas and will never be able to reach it...
    It makes the song a bit darker and more sad...

10. Oh man, I love that piece from Wembley.... The freaky sound
  11. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

It does fit the song.
    He wants to reach that place, but he has no compas and will never be able to reach it...
    It makes the song a bit darker and more sad...

I agree Its not impossible they will do it some day. Even DYFL has been snippeted in Streets.

Oh man, I love that piece from Wembley.... The freaky sound

YES! Some small snippets of the instrumentals can be heard during the intro of the ZooTV Live From Sydney DVD

My favorite Streets is on Elevation Live From Boston DVD
  12. An honourable mention must go to a version I saw a few years ago on a TV documentary around the ZOO-TV era. Would love to see it again, it had a William Burroughs poem seguing into Streets - was awesome.

Agree with all that this song still gives me a chill everytime I listen to it on my ipod.

The Bad - 40 - Streets combo from Elevation was cool, but my favourite transition was from Running to Stand Still into Streets, the Dublin ZOO TV one the best from the tour imo - the bit where he says "this is the end" just before it kicks in........