1. Slane because it's special in some way..but the Boxing Day Point Depot gig gets my vote too.
  2. never gonna be the best ever but Bono's final vocals are amazing
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

you serious? One of the best audience recordings around. Read the reviews. There is crowd noise during the intro but after that it's bloody brilliant. Download the 1st gen recording

I'd have to agree with Gerard here, that show is damn near perfect in every respect....that audience was just as if not more powerful than the band, and the band totally fed off of it from the get go
  4. Oh Dublin 93 is cracking... And the Popmart versions with snippeted Playboy Mansion get my vote too.
  5. Slane. DEFINITELY Slane!
  6. Hast to be New Years eve 89 for me I just watched it on YouTube there and my whole body got chills
  7. hummmm I couldn't figure how to post this, so I took a random Streets-related topic and post it here. It's a review of the song made by a guy who has posted hiw 25 favorite U2 songs on the U2.com forum over the last weeks, and of course Streets was number one. Well, the review, even though its pretty short, actually sent shivers down my spine all throughout. It's e-x-a-c-t-l-y how I would describe Streets myself

1. Where the Streets Have No Name, from The Joshua Tree

Yes, this is my personal favourite. When I first heard this song in Rattle and Hum, I knew for sure that it was the beginning of a very personal relationship with this band, who has always been there in all the moments of my life.

Streets was nearly destroyed during the recording sessions, thank God it didn't because I probably wouldn't have loved this band so much. This song means my unconditional love for this band, and every time I hear it, whether it is a live recording or The Edge playing it with Muse, my heart stops beating and I enter in a world full of sound and emotions. No, I'm not in drugs, U2 really makes me feel this way and Streets is the summit of this amazing band.

It starts with a profound, organ like sound that slowly builds up when Larry starts marking the tempo and then The Edge begins to play those wonderful notes. Adam is also there, more subtle but equally essential to make this song extraordinary. And the lyrics...personally I'm not completely sure to what Bono referred to, but to me Where the Streets Have No Name is Heaven. I personally hope to hear it there when I arrive!Smile

However, Streets really owes to its power to live performances. The crowd goes crazy when they hear this song( I do even when I'm seated in front of the computer!) and it has made it a fixed spot in the U2 setlist. Streets really is magical, and the power it contains is enough to lift up an audience, even to leave it lifted for the whole show!

8. I think the album version is just perfect. Can't be better live. But Slane and Rose Bowl are pretty good.
  9. The Rotterdam 1997 version on the Popmart live EP looks pretty cool to me. Amsterdam I in 2009 was great too.

10. Yes, the album version is perfect in its own way. The live versions are stronger that the album, but they lack something at the same time. I think that shows HOW great this song really is.
  11. Slane's version is just amazing.. already get chills of the intro sound before Edge plays his first notes!

The running to stand still snippet Zoo TV version is also amazing