1. Yeah NYD in the Elevation tour kicked arse.
  2. Looking back at the U2gigs database I must have seen it live 7 times apparently. The one I remember the most is the 2018 version, because of that fresh half-remix arrangement, its loudness and obviously it's the most recent.

On official releases I guess Popmart Mexico was almost my favorite, and for bootlegs there must be a great Lovetown version..
  3. Because I was there in person has to be Slane 2001 for me
  4. I've only missed out on hearing NYD once in 18 shows and have to agree with melon51 that the 2018 reboot stands out as one of the more memorable performances but my overall favourite remains UABRS because of the intro and the raw passion.
  5. Any version from ZooTV, personally.
  6. It seems like a lot of people like the EI version. When i heard it Berlin 1 i actually thought they made a mistake. To this day i still found it a bad attempt to play it as some kind of US Remix as done on the b-sides of War singles.
  7. This can not be beat.

It's utterly brilliant from the interview to the very last note of the song.

8. Originally posted by Bullet_Blue:I love the ZooTV versions of this tune.
    As other classics, it was reworked to fit the sound of the tour, and the versions of the third leg had Bono's improvisations (Anaheim, Tempe) or stroke of genius by The Edge (Pittsburgh) that made them sound, if not better than the 80s versions, more original and fresher.

Pittsburgh, 1992-08-25

[YouTube Video]

My God, Bono's bawl at 02:18 (the chosen FEEEWWWW) and at 2:30 (say it's TRUUUE it's true, we can BREEAAAKK through) is brutal. The Outside Broadcast is often overlooked but man Bono was absolutely on top form.
  9. The full version of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.
  10. I Was at the first live show this was played at in Dec 82 . Bono sang the first verse of the US Mix (aka Kervorkian Mix ) over the songs intro and keyboard solo .