1. Bono has this amazing ability to make songs work no matter how badly he fumbles the lyrics. I think the best I've ever seen is Bono freestyling Streets during one of the IE shows in Chicago.

"I want to FEEL! RUN!
    I want to hide! And feel!"
  2. I really do miss the Zoo TV version
  3. I am missing the accoustic guitar at the current version.

4. Brilliant comment

Even if I can't stand his lyric changes lately. Bad from Chicago was horrendous
  5. Chicago seems to be where Bono does his finest lyrics-forgetting.
  6. I guess this is the RTSS general topic as I can’t seem to find a more suitable thread title. Just really looking forward to hearing this one live again, because of the singles and then the more rare JT songs this has became a bit lost in discussion at least whilst I’m sure most of us loved hearing it live. I’m one of the people that prefers the more stripped down piano versions over zoo tv and in fact I prefer the vertigo and JT17 versions over the original JT tour versions, something about Bono’s vocal just appeals to me more in the vertigo and JT17 tour versions.
  7. Hahaha, this is has an amazing thread title
  8. It is a bit extravagant lol. I genuinely couldn’t find a better title for a general thread on the song though when I typed it into the search bar.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:I guess this is the RTSS general topic as I can’t seem to find a more suitable thread title. Just really looking forward to hearing this one live again, because of the singles and then the more rare JT songs this has became a bit lost in discussion at least whilst I’m sure most of us loved hearing it live. I’m one of the people that prefers the more stripped down piano versions over zoo tv and in fact I prefer the vertigo and JT17 versions over the original JT tour versions, something about Bono’s vocal just appeals to me more in the vertigo and JT17 tour versions.
    The sparser version is really beautiful. It was a special moment back in Boston.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I guess this is the RTSS general topic as I can’t seem to find a more suitable thread title. Just really looking forward to hearing this one live again, because of the singles and then the more rare JT songs this has became a bit lost in discussion at least whilst I’m sure most of us loved hearing it live. I’m one of the people that prefers the more stripped down piano versions over zoo tv and in fact I prefer the vertigo and JT17 versions over the original JT tour versions, something about Bono’s vocal just appeals to me more in the vertigo and JT17 tour versions.
    RTSS is a personal favorite of mine and I was so disappointed with it in the only JT30 show I saw
  11. Resurrected in 2005 and 2017 and they didn’t do a good job either time. Edge just over complicating he piano for no good reason. Can’t remember a good crowd singalong to it or even for the ‘still running’ part at the end. Sigh.