1. Yep, me too; gotta like the Floyd
  2. Roger Waters toured here like only a few weeks before I got into them.

You just do not understand how angry I am
  3. i pink floyd !!!!!
    My wife hate them she gets agresive when she heard there music !!!!
    you can find a lot of pinkfloyd bootlegs on the site
    www.guitars101.com also of roger waters .....

4. Floyd founder Wright dies at 65

Pink Floyd keyboard player and founder member Richard Wright has died aged 65 from cancer.

Wright appeared on the group's first album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, in 1967 alongside lead guitarist Syd Barrett, Roger Waters and Nick Mason.

Dave Gilmour joined the band at the start of 1968 while Barrett left the group shortly afterwards.

Wright penned songs on classic albums including The Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.

His spokesman said: "The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness that Richard died today after a short struggle with cancer.

"The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."

He did not say what form of cancer the self-taught keyboard player and pianist had.

Live 8

Wright, a founder member of The Pink Floyd Sound - and other previous incarnations including Sigma 6 - met Waters and Mason at architecture school.

Pink Floyd achieved legendary status with albums including 1973's The Dark Side Of The Moon, which stayed in the US album chart for more than a decade.

Wright, known as Rick earlier in his career, wrote The Great Gig In The Sky and Us And Them from the album.

Waters left the band in 1981, performing his last concert at London's Earls Court.

Wright, together with Gilmour and Mason, continued to record and tour as Pink Floyd during the remainder of the 1980s and into the 1990s, releasing their last studio album - The Division Bell - in 1994.

In 2005, the full band reunited - for the first time in 24 years - for the Live 8 concert in London's Hyde Park.
  5. if youre into pink floyd i strongly recommend you their album "Pluse".
    it's a double cd, mostly live tracks. really cool stuff in there, good rock.
    i'm not a fan of pink floyd but i really liked this album. check it out, here's a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Pink-Floyd/dp/B000002B35
  6. I like Floyd a lot, but I think that I have officially hit my limit on Dark Side. It just bores me to tears now. When I get in a Floyd mood, I usually hit disc 1 of Ummagumma, and Atom Heart Mother. Good stuff.

7. One of the best live albums of any band in history. Dark Side of the Moon is one of the greatest albums ever and deserves to be number one any day.
  8. Originally posted by pappy:I bought Dark Side of the Moon in January (?) and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since.

Mind-blowing record all the way through.

Appreciate, people!

That is a GREAT recrod! Love Pink Floyd, and heard them live in 1994 - great show!
  9. Wish you were here is much better, I think.
  10. great band i like "Dark Side of The Moon" very much
  11. absolutely love floyd

meddle is my favorite and i think echoes is one of the greatest rock epics ever made. cutting 5 mins off it for the greatest hits record was a horrible mistake
    animals is a close second
  12. i am just about as big of a Floyd fan as i am a U2 fan. in fact i've been into floyd slightly longer as my dad is a big fan and saw them a few times in the 70's (lucky bastard!)

i have an absolutely massive Floyd collection and love most things they ever did up until Roger Waters left the band but my favourite studio album is probably Animals (the last 'real' floyd album)

My all time favourite Floyd recording however is a bootleg from the 'In the Flesh' tour 77 (which i'd be happy to share with anyone on here who is interested?) - it is Floyd at their ABSOLUTE peak and although 70's era floyd bootlegs can be pretty hit and miss due to the technology available at the time, this one sounds almost pro recorded!

My best ever floyd moment was seeing David Gilmour play Atom Heart Mother with Ron Geesin at the really intimate Cadogan Hall last year - absolute once in a lifetime moment!

i could talk about floyd all day - i am a floyd encyclopedia!