1. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Hell, I love the Point Depot shows, but I have to throw the final Rotterdam show into the mix. Favourite version of Desire by a mile, and that's including the Kansas City Elevation show which had been the previous favourite.

That Rotterdam version is just....too beautiful to express in words..

2. Ha, yeah - I mean, I dunno how many times they came up with that arrangement (and the Rock'n'Roll band snippet) but it's just...ouch. Some blistering fingerwork from the Edge, awesome. I first listened all the way through that show a couple of days back whilst in bed, I had hoped I'd drift off to the nuances of U2's finest moments but it was so good I stayed awake, and then when Desire came on (at about 3am/9 and Edge's solo part, I actually sat up in shock (as in the good like, e.g. "fuck me that was special" etc.) lol.
  3. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Yeah, I need to get hold of some more Dublin shows - I have the New Year's Eve show, one of my favourite, as do I need to get the 3rd and 4th shows, but they're multiple RS files and I hate RS so it may be some time lol...

Check out a couple of the Japanese shows. Good sound and some excellent versions of classics. There's a One Tree Hill, I believe from Osaka which is particularly good.
  4. Originally posted by aussiemofo:Check out a couple of the Japanese shows. Good sound and some excellent versions of classics. There's a One Tree Hill, I believe from Osaka which is particularly good.

Agree with that, the Yokohama show is pretty damn good too as a Japan show suggestion
  5. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Sydney, 27/9/89. Channel 10 filmed some stuff. 6 songs with some cuts here and there are floating around

^^^^^^ It's Desire from that Harry.........

6. Yeah, nice one, the vid. wasn't coming up hence I asked, but it's showing now so I removed the question lol

7. No worries,you're like me just loving the extended version of Desire from this tour,The Edge is on fire !!
  8. Originally posted by gmc:No worries,you're like me just loving the extended version of Desire from this tour,The Edge is on fire !!

Heh, definitely - I was just watching a link on the vid. to an LT version of AIWIY, my god I just got the shivers watching that. Farking uber.

9. The story is someone took some footage of The Edge kicking some Lovetown era ass. Too bad the quality of the video is a bit shite.

Be great to have a clear - great sounding DVD of one or more Lovetown shows. Lovetown ruled!

=O)
  10. Originally posted by ric:
    which would you say is the best quality show with hawkmoon??? just downloaded amsterdam which is apparently 4/5 but i'd say more like 3/5.... not too impressed with the quality
    Best quality complete show with Hawkmoon is in my opinion Melbourne 1989-10-08 (bootleg called "Bad At Its Best").

11. Originally posted by zoofly:[..]Best quality complete show with Hawkmoon is in my opinion Melbourne 1989-10-08 (bootleg called "Bad At Its Best").

im sooo gutted they didn't play hawkmoon at any of the dublin shows -in my opinion once you've downloaded all the dublin shows (and the last rotterdam show) you don't need any other LoveTown shows cos the quality of these shows are so unbelievably good nothing else could compare! the only problem is hawkmoon and a couple of other things like in gods country and exit aren't included...

but seriously - i downloaded all the dublin shows recently and i havn't been able to stop listening to them! Imo they are collectively the best pre 90's U2 shows i have ever heard - i couldn't speak any more highly of them.

oh and i downloaded sydney 29/09 just to hear the version of stand by me with bono on drums and larry on vocals! ! -funny!!