1. I was at love town 26/12 in the point depot when I was 16. Best U2 show I was at. I clearly remember how loose they were especially the edge on the guitar.

BB king was amazing as the support act.
  2. Still my favorite U2 tour. Not only of the setlist rotation, but also the the energy and the fire. The encore with the BB King band is never been improved.
  3. Eens....eh agree
  4. try to get the 8 cd box All the promises ( all the dublin 89 shows ), the all i want is U2 diuble cd ( rotterdam lovetown ). also the japan shows are very good. The show in Amsterdam is a good one, the one when bono lost his voice and asked the people for help and played help from the beatles. I was there, emotional show.
  5. Originally posted by ferrari:Still my favorite U2 tour. Not only of the setlist rotation, but also the the energy and the fire. The encore with the BB King band is never been improved.
    Every now and again Iisten to one of these shows and they are all just amazing. Love pretty much every show of this tour I've listened to.
  6. not quite sure if I ever saw it before - pro shot from Dortmund 14/12
  7. I want U2 to release a pro-shot Lovetown show so bad

I swear the entire New Years show was taped, 1. because we have that footage of Streets and I Will Follow, and 2. because there was even more footage of it (some of which of 40, the end of the set) in From The Sky Down.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I want U2 to release a pro-shot Lovetown show so bad

I swear the entire New Years show was taped, 1. because we have that footage of Streets and I Will Follow, and 2. because there was even more footage of it (some of which of 40, the end of the set) in From The Sky Down.
    I don't think the band are that fond of that gig ,Bono mentioned it recently that the magic was missing that night, even though the atmosphere was electric the previous 3 nights were better particularly the 2nd night however the full concert was supposed to be broadcast live on TV around the world but was scrapped fairly late maybe it was too costly been New years Eve,I'm sure it was a hard sell to TV networks who plan their Christmas schedule months in advance.
  9. I went to Paris 2, can't believe it's 30 years this year. His voice was defiantly starting to peak live. I think ZooTv was Bono at this supreme best. Although I don't like rating his vocals. Great times indeed.
  10. The Joshua tree n lovetown tours I soo wish I was old enough to see them. I loved Bono’s fire and intensity in those days, when he sung it you knew he meant it . I think he has lost that with time. For me the best performance i’ve Seen of him recently was Exit on JT2017 it just had that old spark n fire of old.

11. Make it 30. Happy 30th anniversary, Lovetown tour!

I just came across (1989-10-02 - Brisbane's) setlist, a very bad sounding gig with the funniest BTBS version ever. Desire/AATWT into Bad, then WOWY and the BB King suite to end the main set, then a completely exceptional encore and Pride to finish It just shows how crazy Lovetown was in terms of setlist and improv.

Where the Streets Have No Name
    I Will Follow
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
    MLK
    The Unforgettable Fire
    God Part II
    Desire / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
    All Along The Watchtower / Like A Hurricane (snippet)
    Help (snippet) / Bad / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet)
    With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
    Angel of Harlem
    When Love Comes To Town
    Love Rescue Me
    --- (encore) ---
    Bullet the Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    All I Want Is You
    New Year's Day
    Pride (In the Name of Love)