1. Originally posted by Benky[..]

Yeah,my favourite group
    Do you have both albums??

afcourse! and the DVD and some singles. Franz Ferdinand is my number 2. I saw Franz Ferdinand one time live in Utrecht.

2. Franz Ferdinand is immensely talented and a great band, especially innovative when it comes to song structure. But I was supremely disappointed with their second cd. I mean the songs weren't bad, it just seemed like their creativity all dried up. The sound and feel of the second album was pretty much exactly like the first one and I have a hard time forgiving bands for taking it easy like that. U2, with their constant innovation and reinvention have spoiled me

That's why with bands like the Killers and Maroon 5 (or Coldplay regarding the leap from ROBTTH to X&Y), their second album may not be as good as the first but I give them enormous credit for trying to stay fresh and new, for evolving rather than staying in a safe zone.

I know that's not either here nor there but just thought I'd say my say. Tons of talent in Franz Ferdinand, I hope they start moving forward soon
  3. Originally posted by tui[...]
    great topic idea by the way

Originally posted by sadb7788[...]
    Beautiful topic, mate!

Originally posted by Benky[...]
    Great topic

Thank you very much!

It's fascinating to see everyone's answers and their tastes outside U2. I now have at least 15 songs/artists I'd never heard of before that I will go and hunt out on iTunes.

Any others?
  4. 1 - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (Iron Maiden)
    2 - Lemon (U2)
    3 - Sir Psycho Sexy (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
    4 - Orion (Metallica)
    5 - Why (Joe Satriani)
    6 - We'll Burn The Sky (Scorpions)
    7 - Supersonic (Oasis)
    8 - Echoes (Pink Floyd)
    9 - Rockafeller Skank (Fatboy Slim)
    10 - The Model (Kraftwerk)
    11 - Don't Let Me Down (Beatles)
    12 - Starless (King Crimson)
    13 - Rocket Queen (Guns N' Roses)
    14 - She's Not You (Elvis Presley)
    15 - Learning To Live (Dream Theater)
  5. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Thank you very much!

It's fascinating to see everyone's answers and their tastes outside U2. I now have at least 15 songs/artists I'd never heard of before that I will go and hunt out on iTunes.

Any others?

I think i'm going to do the same.. its quite interesting seeing everyones different taste in music right? Opens up a lot of options
  6. Originally posted by tui[..]

I think i'm going to do the same.. its quite interesting seeing everyones different taste in music right? Opens up a lot of options

Did you guys find anybody good yet?
  7. Originally posted by tui[..]

Nice Avatar! I just now noticed it was You. Which reminds me, I'm going to change mine.
  8. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Great CD, MirrorballBoy!!!
    You have a great musical taste according to me. I would like to be so deeper into rock as you!

Thank you my friend! Well, maybe you should try all these songs, they're the best I have. Maybe the songs will help you exploring new artists, and maybe your musical taste will get wider I'm doing the same with the other lists here.

Great Topic!
  9. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy[..]

Thank you my friend! Well, maybe you should try all these songs, they're the best I have. Maybe the songs will help you exploring new artists, and maybe your musical taste will get wider I'm doing the same with the other lists here.

Great Topic!

Thank you for the suggestion! Maybe I'll try to explor your favourite artists. I think I'd like them!

10. easports43,you've changed your avatar again!!!
    Well,this one's pretty good too,but I liked the last one
  11. Originally posted by maartenu2[..]

afcourse! and the DVD and some singles. Franz Ferdinand is my number 2. I saw Franz Ferdinand one time live in Utrecht.

You love U2 and Franz Ferdinand!!!
    You're my man
  12. Originally posted by rmann83Franz Ferdinand is immensely talented and a great band, especially innovative when it comes to song structure. But I was supremely disappointed with their second cd. I mean the songs weren't bad, it just seemed like their creativity all dried up. The sound and feel of the second album was pretty much exactly like the first one and I have a hard time forgiving bands for taking it easy like that. U2, with their constant innovation and reinvention have spoiled me

That's why with bands like the Killers and Maroon 5 (or Coldplay regarding the leap from ROBTTH to X&Y), their second album may not be as good as the first but I give them enormous credit for trying to stay fresh and new, for evolving rather than staying in a safe zone.

I know that's not either here nor there but just thought I'd say my say. Tons of talent in Franz Ferdinand, I hope they start moving forward soon

Maybe the first one is better but I like the second very much.
    Anyway they're recording new album and they have announced diferent sound:synth/dance
    I'm looking foward to this