1. Mofo as well hasgreat bass lines
  2. Do you prefer Adam with glasses, or his contacts like on Vertigo/360?

I'm so torn...I really liked his overall fashion on the Vertigo Tour, and now that he's without the glasses, I think it's the right move...he shouldn't go back to them. But I really did like the thicker glasses he wore on Elevation, and of course the circular ones circa 1987 were beautiful on him...
  3. I think he looked best at Popmart. Those glasses were so hip. Not sure if I like the contacts now

4. I might have been able to focus on the glasses a little more if the construction hat and the air mask hadn't sort of distracted me just a bit...

His worst, in my opinion. Not because it "was so gawdy" (the point was to be ironic)...just because his was sort of like...ALL over the place, instead of together and still crazy (Edge's cowboy, Bono's lead-man/boxer, Larry's "hit man"...even though the shirt was really the only thing ironic about him at all )

I thought his jet-black V-emblazoned apparel on the Vertigo Tour was really classy, and the contacts actually made him look a bit more intelligent in those clothes. Though, at the same time, the longsleeve shirts and parachute pants of the Elevation Tour in coordinance with those thicker glasses made him more kid-like, which I really loved.

I'm all over the place. And analyzing this way too much.

5. What about Some Days Are Better Than Others? Adam's bass is everything in that song. It could even be just bass'n'voice
  6. Add A Man And A Woman and I Threw A Brick Through A Window. The ultimate example of early bass.

One of the best bassists in modern rock. He just plays it so well, so cool and some of the lines are, if I can say it, like deep sex.
  7. Today he's better than ever. I watch him on ZooTV or PopMart shows and he rarely plays with more than two fingers and if you look at 360 videos, he plays with four, he really is better than ever.
  8. Originally posted by Yogi:Today he's better than ever. I watch him on ZooTV or PopMart shows and he rarely plays with more than two fingers and if you look at 360 videos, he plays with four, he really is better than ever.

He is WHY the surround sound on the Rose Bowl DVD matters. I may be a total Edge-head, but Adam's bass does wonders through my sound system, and the line changes he makes in so many of the songs (straying from the studio lines) keeps me interested throughout the whole show.

His ability to take a CLASSIC, important U2 bassline (With or Without You) and actually change the way it goes (towards the outtro of the song)....amazing
  9. If I am honest, Adam would have been my "least favourite band member" -sure he had some great bass lines in New Years Day, Seconds, Street, WOWY, etc. However, was on Adam's side at Croke Park in 2009 and it was noticeable that his playing had moved onto another level. He was confident, majestic and like the song, he was "magnificent"
  10. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Hmm i don't think i agree with you guys...

I think that Larry, with his Drums are the base of the band
    And THEN it's up to Adam
    The 2 of them form the base, the skeleton of the band

Edge gives the finishing touch with some great guitar solo's

And then Bono makes the show

Which is strange actually cause the popularity goes in the other direction

Larry is the heart/heartbeat.
    Edge is the brains
    Bono is the breathe/oxygen
    and Adam is the soul.
  11. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

He is WHY the surround sound on the Rose Bowl DVD matters. I may be a total Edge-head, but Adam's bass does wonders through my sound system, and the line changes he makes in so many of the songs (straying from the studio lines) keeps me interested throughout the whole show.

His ability to take a CLASSIC, important U2 bassline (With or Without You) and actually change the way it goes (towards the outtro of the song)....amazing

Totally agree, the WOWY outro is class, I remember just thinking throughout the whole DVD that he has definitely become more comfortable now.
  12. Well, U2 have been together&playing for 34 years now, maybe it was just about time