1. partly filmed for the dvd cheers!
  2. A bootleg of this show exists, but the man who has this show, don't wanne share it Really fucked! I hope in the future that the bootleg will be available!

3. I'd trade it for a lossless copy of Show 125. 2006-11-19 - Melbourne, Australia - Telstra Dome
  4. Actually the taper just asked that it not be torrented or put to MP3. It is being traded freely out there. Also, alot of torrent sites wont let it be uploaded anyway because "technically" its of an at least partial official release.

So its no conspiracy. If you look to trade for it you should be able to get it.
  5. Originally posted by Blue_RoomActually the taper just asked that it not be torrented or put to MP3. It is being traded freely out there. Also, alot of torrent sites wont let it be uploaded anyway because "technically" its of an at least partial official release.

So its no conspiracy. If you look to trade for it you should be able to get it.

The torrent thing is pretty weird since the Milan bootlegs were torrented everywhere. And an audience recording is something else than a professional one obviously. The quality on the Chicago show floating around is pretty good though.
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]

The torrent thing is pretty weird since the Milan bootlegs were torrented everywhere. And an audience recording is something else than a professional one obviously. The quality on the Chicago show floating around is pretty good though.

Oh, I didnt say I agreed with the "official" part of it. Someone tried to torrent it and they shut it down for that reason. Honestly, the main reason it shouldnt be torrented is because the taper politely asked for it not to be. But he did freely trade it out. I think it was to encourage actual "trading" again.

Its a pretty good recording, I wouldnt rate it as excellent though. Meets the very good criteria category to me. Not bad, not fantastic.
  7. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

Oh, I didnt say I agreed with the "official" part of it. Someone tried to torrent it and they shut it down for that reason. Honestly, the main reason it shouldnt be torrented is because the taper politely asked for it not to be. But he did freely trade it out. I think it was to encourage actual "trading" again.

Its a pretty good recording, I wouldnt rate it as excellent though. Meets the very good criteria category to me. Not bad, not fantastic.

It's a decent one, I like it, I'm always interested in bootlegs of official releases, wondering what kind of things they left out or edited afterwards.
  8. Originally posted by Remy[..]

It's a decent one, I like it, I'm always interested in bootlegs of official releases, wondering what kind of things they left out or edited afterwards.

There is one that is WAY better, but I doubt that one will ever circulate.
  9. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

There is one that is WAY better, but I doubt that one will ever circulate.

It's too bad many great bootlegs will never surface.
  10. Originally posted by Remy[..]

It's too bad many great bootlegs will never surface.

Not really. Here has been my experience with this type of thing. People lose their minds if they find out something else of quality exists. Get upset, call people names and let it eat at them. (remember, this is because of a bootleg of all things). Then when something great does surface everyone is all excited, praising whoever let it out or leaked it. Then 2 weeks later its never mentioned again and blends right into the woodwork of the other 500 to 600 bootlegs out there. Was it really that important? NO

There are so many great bootlegs out there it doesnt really matter.
  11. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

Not really. Here has been my experience with this type of thing. People lose their minds if they find out something else of quality exists. Get upset, call people names and let it eat at them. (remember, this is because of a bootleg of all things). Then when something great does surface everyone is all excited, praising whoever let it out or leaked it. Then 2 weeks later its never mentioned again and blends right into the woodwork of the other 500 to 600 bootlegs out there. Was it really that important? NO

There are so many great bootlegs out there it doesnt really matter.

But who cares then? Every bootleg is important, and if a taper wants a statue or something he shouldn't even take the effort to tape a show 'cause that's not how it works. If ten people are happy about a bootleg it satisfies me enough to share it, no one makes a bootleg that's been mentioned till the end of days but the whole part is, and the whole is again greater than the sum of it parts as is the bootleg collection of U2start. And if no one mentiones a recording doesn't mean it wasn't important.

I think it's selfish and stupid to think like that, but that's my opinion and I don't think this topic is the appropiate place to talk about this so I'll close this request for now. Any further replies can go in a new topic.