1. Hello friends!

I succeeded in free some space on my hard-disk, so I decided to get a new Vertigo Tour bootleg and I chose that in Chicago with the awesome version of Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet), the same version of the DVD and that Asso put in his Vertigo Tour Compilation.
    But now I wonder which one is the concert released in DVD, if 2005-05-09 or 2005-05-10...

Maybe it sounds like a stupid question, but I'm asking because I want to get exactly THAT bootleg.

Thank you!
  2. That's hard to tell because of two things:
    1) U2 is known to mix performances from two nights into a single show for video releases.
    This isn't the only time they've done it.
    2) I wasn't there in person, so I can't tell the difference between night one and night two.

If anyone was present both nights they might be able to help you though.
  3. Originally posted by edge89That's hard to tell because of two things:
    1) U2 is known to mix performances from two nights into a single show for video releases.
    This isn't the only time they've done it.
    2) I wasn't there in person, so I can't tell the difference between night one and night two.

If anyone was present both nights they might be able to help you though.

Thank you and welcome to U2START!

My opinion is that the concert I'm searching for is that of 2005-05-10, either because Asso wrote this date in his compilation or because I saw a video on YouTube which I guess is taken right from the official DVD and the two performances look like being the same one.

Anyway I'll wait for a certain answer...

4. Some songs are from the 9th, some are from the 10th. Some are from both nights like Beautiful Day. The song is from the 9th but the final seconds are from the 10th (Bono's birthday reference etc.).

Below is a list I once got about the Chicago DVD:
    City of Blinding Lights -- not sure, but I think the 10th
    Vertigo -- the 'teach you some Gaeilic" quote was definitely from the 9th
    Elevation - May 9th
    The Electric Co. -- 1st half is definitely from May 9th, 2nd half (starting at Edges guitar solo) is from the 10th
    An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart - May 10th
    Beautiful Day - May 9, final bit from 10th
    New Years Day - May 10th
    Miracle Drug -- May 9th
    Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own -- can't remember!
    Love and Peace - May 10th (I can tell by an audience shot of my friends)
    Sunday Bloody Sunday - May 10th
    Bullet the Blue Sky -- can't remember for sure, but I believe May 10th
    Running to Stand Still -- May 10th
    Pride -- I believe May 10th
    Streets -- May 10th
    One -- May 10th
    Zoo Station - May 10th
    The Fly - May 10th
    Mysterious Ways - May 10th
    Original of the Species - May 10th (wasn't played on the 9th)
    All Because of You -- May 10th
    Yahweh -- May 9th (wasn't played on the 10th)
    40 -- May 9th (wasn't played on the 10th)
  5. The version of Vertigo / SFB (snip) is from May 9th.

EDIT. Shit I had to download 9th night until I replied, I didn't refresh for 10 minutes and it seems I saw Remy's answer before post mine. That's not true...
  6. Thank you Remy!
    Though now I can't decide which one to get...
    The song that interested me the most when I decided to download this show is Vertigo, but that particular version I saw in that video on YouTube. For me that is the best ever!
    But if I get the show of 05-09 I don't get some other great performances of other songs, so I can't decide...

If you could suggest me a great show / bootleg from the Vertigo Tour, the greatest for you, I would be very pleased.

7. Originally posted by LikeASongThe version of Vertigo / SFB (snip) is from May 9th.

EDIT. Shit I had to download 9th night until I replied, I didn't refresh for 10 minutes and it seems I saw Remy's answer before post mine. That's not true...

Don't worry. I'm sure everyone would have bet on you to give the correct answer.
  8. Originally posted by sadb7788If you could suggest me a great show / bootleg from the Vertigo Tour, the greatest for you, I would be very pleased.

2005-06-27 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park ?

2005-07-16 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA ?

2005-07-29 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadion ?

2006-02-20 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Morumbi ?

2006-11-11 - Sydney, Australia - Telstra Stadium ?

Unfortunately I can get only one of all this at the moment, unless I wouldn't have asked anything at all.

9. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

2005-06-27 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park ?

2005-07-16 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA ?

2005-07-29 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadion ?

2006-02-20 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Morumbi ?

2006-11-11 - Sydney, Australia - Telstra Stadium ?

Unfortunately I can get only one of all this at the moment, unless I wouldn't have asked anything at all.

My obvious choice will be Amsterdam, because I was there. If you turn your speakers up loud you can even hear me singing along Plus it's the longest show of your list, makes your one time download worth it!
  10. Originally posted by Remy[..]

My obvious choice will be Amsterdam, because I was there. If you turn your speakers up loud you can even hear me singing along Plus it's the longest show of your list, makes your one time download worth it!

Can I trust a biased judgement?

Of course I can if it's Remy's!

Gonna download it...

Topic can be closed now.

11. Originally posted by sadb7788The song that interested me the most when I decided to download this show is Vertigo, but that particular version I saw in that video on YouTube. For me that is the best ever!
    How many have you listened to? This has NOTHING special.
    If you could suggest me a great show / bootleg from the Vertigo Tour, the greatest for you, I would be very pleased.
    For example 2005-12-07 Hartford is much better, with one of the greatest snippeets ever (Help!).
    Or if you don't mind sound quality, Madrid 2005-08-11 has a awesome 2nd Vertigo.
    Or Boston 2005-05-26, outstanding quality boot...
    Or...
  12. Originally posted by LikeASongHow many have you listened to? This has NOTHING special.

Nothing special???
    Well I think it's certainly a wonderful performance looking at Bono's almost perfect voice, at his great energy, at the perfect performance of Edge Larry and Adam,...
    I could listen for all the day long to the Stories For Boys snippet with that great explosion when Edge turns back to the TRRRA-RA-RA-RA-RA-RA-RA-RA-... of Vertigo!!!

Originally posted by LikeASong[..] How many have you listened to? This has NOTHING special. [..]For example 2005-12-07 Hartford is much better, with one of the greatest snippeets ever (Help!).
    Or if you don't mind sound quality, Madrid 2005-08-11 has a awesome 2nd Vertigo.
    Or Boston 2005-05-26, outstanding quality boot...
    Or...

Thanks for the suggestions!
    I hope to get a new hard-disk very soon in order to download a lot of new shows especially from the Vertigo Tour, which is my favourite one!