1. Well there's a thread about the best version of Bad already what's ppls opinion on the best version of one?
  2. WOW
    Well since folks were kind enough to answer my question about the best Bad then I will attempt to give my opinion on this even more difficult question.

I like the 8-28-93 version a lot probably my fav but i helps if it's a version at the end where Bono starts with Can you hear me calling lord hear me call-just adds to the emotion

ps the 10-8 version with Mary J Blige is great as well
  3. I like One versions with an orchestra like the Modena one in 1995, One should always be played with an orchestra live IMHO.
  4. My favourite is the One from Tacoma, 1992-04-21.
    If you like the 1993-08-28 one, you'll like this even more.
    Awesome Bono falsetto's and beautiful Edge outtro.
    Check it out!
  5. Originally posted by OneDayFlyMy favourite is the One from Tacoma, 1992-04-21.
    If you like the 1993-08-28 one, you'll like this even more.
    Awesome Bono falsetto's and beautiful Edge outtro.
    Check it out!

Yeah the one from Dublins excellent I'll check that other one out!
  6. sorry to ressurect a year old topic but just listend to 1992-11-14 - Anaheim. Best of the non orchestral versions i've heard.

EDIT - No it's not. Just re-listened to Tacoma. Holy crap its good
  7. i like the version from mexico (popmart), when bono sings the part at the end 'can you hear us coming lord....', his voice is obviously being strained, but he sings with pure pure emotion.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoysorry to ressurect a year old topic but just listend to 1992-11-14 - Anaheim. Best of the non orchestral versions i've heard.

EDIT - No it's not. Just re-listened to Tacoma. Holy crap its good
    Exactly one year old. What the hell. Anyway, the Tacoma version is indeed awesome. If I can add a recommendation, I like the 1992-10-07 Birmingham.It has nothing special, but I love the atmosphere and the overall sounding. Also the See Us Coming Lord is fantastic. And of course with My Girl as a final snippet. Does Bono play that guitar? Amazing!
    Another vote goes for London 1993-08-11. I like it very much. Period.
  9. Dublin 1993 and Slane 2001(might be a cliche, but still...)
  10. My favourite version of One is absolutely that with the orchestra (but not only for this reason) at Pavarotti & Friends 1995.
    Second ranking for 2001-10-24. Very emotional.
    Third ranking for... well, maybe Tacoma. Actually I just wondered this yesterday, what's the best version of One. So I checked the contributions and I saw Tacoma as the second favourite by U2start mambers. I will listen to it as soon as I can (about 10 new shows to listen to at the moment... ).

11. Well, for me the best versions of One are the following:

1) 1995 Modena. Absolutely stunning acoustic version with orchestra. Bono's vocals are also just great there.

2) 1993.08.28 Dublin. A very good version, which in my opinion has the "right" mood in this concert. For example, I dont like so much the so favourite Tacoma 1992 version because I think that while it is good, it lacks some special atmosphere. Tacoma 92 is just all about passionate Bono's screams and Edge's improvisations. The Dublin version has got this so to speak "tragic" atmosphere which you can hear especially well in Bono's voice (by the way Ultraviolet on this concert has the same "tragic and desperate" atmosphere, which is IMO the best version of this song ever) and to me it sounds very powerful and emotional. Unchained Melody snippet is also cool.

3) ZooTV Vancouver. I like the line: "One love, one life, one life, one wife". A very solid version in general.

4) Slane 2nd night. Also a very emotional and intense performance.

5) Live 8 2005. All right, his voice is not as good as before, but still this version is much better than any Vertigo tour's.
  12. Originally posted by Elektrik20075) Live 8 2005. All right, his voice is not as good as before, but still this version is much better than any Vertigo tour's.

I have to agree.
    I don't know why, maybe because of the (important and meaningful) speech about poverty before each performance, but I have to say that each One of the Vertigo Tour I heard (saving a few performances) doesn't have the atmosphere it deserves (just like you said ).

Great detailed description of your choice, by the way.