1. tacoma? zootv I believee
  2. Nothing beats One from ZooTV. I saw Sydney vouple of weeks ago and wow, can't remember when I enjoyed One like that last time. These days they play it soooo slooow and it takes away the whole magic... it's like totally different song
  3. The slane version is excellent, that’s probably my joint favourite to listen to with the u22 version from Hampden Park, I was at that show so that makes me a little bias but I think it is a very good version anyway. If Bono let’s the crowd sing it’s a bit of a let down for me.
  4. My favourite is probably the one from that Outside Broadcast/Zoo Radio bootleg ( https://u2start.com/topic/727/ ). On Zoo TV One clearly had it's best day, but on PopMart and Elevation the song was still sounding very good as Bono could still sing it melodically with a beautiful tone. Just not the power of Zoo TV. My favourites from those tours are Rotterdam 2 (PopMart) and Slane 1. Mexico I sometimes find unlistenable, but sometimes it also works great. Depends on the mood I guess
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:The slane version is excellent, that’s probably my joint favourite to listen to with the u22 version from Hampden Park, I was at that show so that makes me a little bias but I think it is a very good version anyway. If Bono let’s the crowd sing it’s a bit of a let down for me.
    Yeah. It drives me nuts when I have to listen to the crowd sing on a bootleg. The I&E versions of the song are ruined (for me).
  6. First ZooTV leg versions are wild to my ears, the song wasn't (or just) a single and the band seemed to experiment more with the endings.

After it became a hit it's been a crowd sing-a-long anyways and I never cared for it much live at the shows I saw in person. DVD/Broadcast wise I'd say it would be the one with great crowd participation, so Slane is a great choice
  7. I just listened to the 2003 Croke Park performance of One, and it's pretty cool (and surprised) to hear Bono singing "no them, only us" snippet during that performance, in the exact same style he's been using in recent tours. I guess he was already having some ideas on using that line in his songwriting at the time.

Before Invisible, he had used the line in Rise Above 1 as well. It seems that he really loves that line.
  8. Originally posted by gurazuru:I just listened to the 2003 Croke Park performance of One, and it's pretty cool (and surprised) to hear Bono singing "no them, only us" snippet during that performance, in the exact same style he's been using in recent tours. I guess he was already having some ideas on using that line in his songwriting at the time.

Before Invisible, he had used the line in Rise Above 1 as well. It seems that he really loves that line.
    I seemed to remember it appeared in the Modena 95 performance with Brian Eno and the orchestra, but turns out it was another Modena performance lol

This is 4 weeks before the Croke performance: