1. Originally posted by Genaro92U2[..]

i knoW!!! the one he does on the live Wanderer for Johnny Cash in incredible!!!

amen. Sounds like his voice came from a machine hooked up to a wah wah peddle. I loved it when Bono could falsetto. Loved Bonos part in the chorus during numb. Fantastic
  2. I think the song is very good, especially the line

"True love never can be rent
    But only true love can keep beauty innocent"

Admittedly its not as good as Vertigo COBL SYCMIOYO Miracle Drug or Yahweh, but then not every album can be like The Joshua Tree
  3. I like it very much, specially the part after 02:30, the "Rue Saint Divine" and the "stray dog" parts...

It has very good sentences, like "And you're the one, there's noone else, you make wanna lose myself in the mysterious distance between a man and a woman" or "For love and faith and sex and fear, and all the things that keep us here, in the mysterious (...)...".
  4. Originally posted by LikeASongI like it very much, specially the part after 02:30, the "Rue Saint Divine" and the "stray dog" parts...

It has very good sentences, like "And you're the one, there's noone else, you make wanna lose myself in the mysterious distance between a man and a woman" or "For love and faith and sex and fear, and all the things that keep us here, in the mysterious (...)...".

You're right!
    And I add: "But you can't be numbed from love. The only pain is to feel nothing at all. How can I hurt when I'm holding you?"
  5. It's actually my favourite song on the album (which is quite a statement because HTDAAB is part of my three-way tie for favourite album), because it's rather an odd track with a solid sound and great lyrics. In fact, it may have been the song that sealed the deal in making U2 my favourite band!
  6. I'll stand up as someone who hates this song...the best I can summarize is that is just seems lazy. It feels like filler to me, one of those song you can't imagine beating out loads of others to make it to the album.

And what I mean by lazy is lyrically and musically it just...is...safe, uninspired, not witty when it thinks it is, way more simple than it should be. I can't believe a band who could produce jaw droppers like Bad, Mothers of the Disappeared, or Zoo Station, Zooropa, Ultraviolet, etc could in later years say yes to this...boring and lazy track.

Well, there you go. That's why I hate it.
  7. All these years later I still go back and forth from loving it to thinking it's mediocre. One of those U2 songs that is in its own category. Might go listen to it now.

And to the person above me, not every song has to be as grandiose and epic as Bad, Streets or Zooropa...
  8. This happens when you dig up 7 years old threads

Originally posted by haytrain:I've never really cared for it myself. I think my eldest brother put it best: "It sounds like a song you'd hear in a Broadway musical." (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!)

It's funny that Edge and Bono actually wrote a Broadway musical since Jeremy posted that

I still like this song. A lot. Always have, always will.
  9. I love how simple and almost sensual it is. There's something sexy about this song.
  10. Maybe it just doesn't fit the overall "vibe" of HTDAAB for some people (myself included)?????
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:This happens when you dig up 7 years old threads

[..]

It's funny that Edge and Bono actually wrote a Broadway musical since Jeremy posted that

I still like this song. A lot. Always have, always will.

HAHA I almost forgot about that myself actually
  12. edit