1. Originally posted by germcevoycheers for sorting them Cardiff pics Remy. The wouldn't open for me so I had to leave them. The quality didn't look that good on them though. I guess you agreed as you only uploaded one of them

Gerard, what are the criteria you're looking at for quality? The pics I put up were the best I had and look good here on my screen or such.

I'm just interested so I don't waste your time in future if the pics I upload aren't going to be up to scratch. I can see that compared to mine (taken with a standard compact camera) a lot of the pics put on here look almost pro-shot; I can't believe they're all taken by the uploaders.

Glad the Streets http://www.u2start.com/photos/view/180/ one made it though, I love that pic with the crowd all jumping like loons.

2. Right! Wonderful image!

Anyway, apart from the best photos of our albums, I think our photo section is getting really awesome! We are already going to overtake the 100 photos and at least the 80% of the stuff is great! I'm sure the photo section will contribute very much in making this site the best in the world.

3. Originally posted by sadb7788Anyway, apart from the best photos of our albums, I think our photo section is getting really awesome! We are already going to overtake the 100 photos and at least the 80% of the stuff is great! I'm sure the photo section will contribute very much in making this site the best in the world.
    Really awesome? More of the 70% of the photos are from Vertigo and Zoo TV eras. Too bad.
    Originally posted by an07My pleasure, glad you like them. sorry about the mediocre quality
    Indeed thank you very much for taking some interest in the UF / War era. The quality of the pre-87 images is really bad, so we will have to search a lot to get a decent collection of them. I have many good photos of the pre-87 era, but almost any of them are live-pictures, so I'm not going to upload them I think. Thanks again!
  4. Originally posted by djrlewisGerard, what are the criteria you're looking at for quality? The pics I put up were the best I had and look good here on my screen or such.

I'm just interested so I don't waste your time in future if the pics I upload aren't going to be up to scratch. I can see that compared to mine (taken with a standard compact camera) a lot of the pics put on here look almost pro-shot; I can't believe they're all taken by the uploaders.
    First, it was REMY who deleted your pics, so don't blame Gerard.
    Second, the criteria is NOT "the bigger the best", but "the higher the quality, the best", so maybe your pics were not Hi-Definitiopn enough to enter the album. I really don't know, I didn't see them yesterday. Anyway, if you think they were REALLY good stuff, re-upload them and we will discuss if they are worth making into the album.
    And Third) Indeed, almost any uploader made the pic he's uploading. For example, i've uploaded about 20 picuters and ANY of them were taken by me. But take a look to the comments of my photos:
    "Nice photography of Larry and Adam, during some photo session which took place on some wintertime in somewhere (:?). That means, unknown photographer, unknown date, unknown place."
    "Photo taken (likely by some photographer close to the band => Anton Corjbin?) during the recording of the Rattle And Hum, in the mythic Sun Studios.

Can you see it? I ALWAYS note "unknown photographer" or the Photograper-Date-Location info. No blame possible here. If you want to upload your own pictures, note it in the comments ("Photo taken by ME..."), but we're not obliged to upload our own pictures, are we?
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]First, it was REMY who deleted your pics, so don't blame Gerard.
    Second, the criteria is NOT "the bigger the best", but "the higher the quality, the best", so maybe your pics were not Hi-Definitiopn enough to enter the album. I really don't know, I didn't see them yesterday. Anyway, if you think they were REALLY good stuff, re-upload them and we will discuss if they are worth making into the album.
    And Third) Indeed, almost any uploader made the pic he's uploading. For example, i've uploaded about 20 picuters and ANY of them were taken by me. But take a look to the comments of my photos:
    "Nice photography of Larry and Adam, during some photo session which took place on some wintertime in somewhere (:?). That means, unknown photographer, unknown date, unknown place."
    "Photo taken (likely by some photographer close to the band => Anton Corjbin?) during the recording of the Rattle And Hum, in the mythic Sun Studios.

Can you see it? I ALWAYS note "unknown photographer" or the Photograper-Date-Location info. No blame possible here. If you want to upload your own pictures, note it in the comments ("Photo taken by ME..."), but we're not obliged to upload our own pictures, are we?

You said it all
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Really awesome? More of the 70% of the photos are from Vertigo and Zoo TV eras. Too bad. [..]Indeed thank you very much for taking some interest in the UF / War era. The quality of the pre-87 images is really bad, so we will have to search a lot to get a decent collection of them. I have many good photos of the pre-87 era, but almost any of them are live-pictures, so I'm not going to upload them I think. Thanks again!

I've got a great pic fom Larry, from a 1985-calender but it's only 1321 pixels (805 x 516) so it's to small for upload in the photosection. The quality's pretty good though.Any other way to share this pic?
  7. Originally posted by an07I've got a great pic fom Larry, from a 1985-calender but it's only 1321 pixels (805 x 516) so it's to small for upload in the photosection. The quality's pretty good though.Any other way to share this pic?
    Give me a link, maybe I've got the same picture (I have 3 GB of U2 photos, probably yours are mines also! )
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Give me a link, maybe I've got the same picture (I have 3 GB of U2 photos, probably yours are mines also! )
    Hope this is the right code, I'm not exactly a computergenius

9. Originally posted by an07Hope this is the right code, I'm not exactly a computergenius
    [image]
    It was not, but I've edited your message.

PS. I was right, I have it in a slightly bigger resolution (933 x 600), and with a different light, and the black frame bigger.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]It was not, but I've edited your message.

PS. I was right, I have it in a slightly bigger resolution, and with a different light.

sorry about the wrong code, thanks for editing
  11. Originally posted by an07sorry about the wrong code, thanks for editing
    You're welcome.

I'm gonna upload it and put your name as the uploader.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong I'm gonna upload it and put your name as the uploader.
    Done! An07, you appear now as the uploader of the photo.