1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Done! An07, you appear now as the uploader of the photo.

Cool, thanks a lot LikeASong!!!
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Gerard, what are the criteria you're looking at for quality? The pics I put up were the best I had and look good here on my screen or such.

I'm just interested so I don't waste your time in future if the pics I upload aren't going to be up to scratch. I can see that compared to mine (taken with a standard compact camera) a lot of the pics put on here look almost pro-shot; I can't believe they're all taken by the uploaders.

Glad the Streets http://www.u2start.com/photos/view/180/ one made it though, I love that pic with the crowd all jumping like loons.

They were a bit blurry, not to clear. Only the Streets photo was good enough.
    Just compare your photos with what's in our photo era, you surely can get an idea of what our minimum quality wishes are.

I know our standards are very high but I rather have a small photo department with only 100% High Qualtiy photos than a big one with a lot of blurry or unsharp photos
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Done! An07, you appear now as the uploader of the photo.

one more thing, it's in the Vertigo era, any chance you can change it to the UF era? Thanks
  4. Originally posted by an07[..]

one more thing, it's in the Vertigo era, any chance you can change it to the UF era? Thanks

Done
  5. Originally posted by an07one more thing, it's in the Vertigo era, any chance you can change it to the UF era? Thanks
    When I upload a photo, i always forget to add the right era. I had uploaded a few Vertigo's photos before adding the Larry's TUF one, so the Era had remained in Vertigo. Anyway it's fixed now
  6. Originally posted by RemyI know our standards are very high but I rather have a small photo department with only 100% High Qualtiy photos than a big one with a lot of blurry or unsharp photos
    That's a really good point.
  7. Check my recent Popmart photos, those are awesome.
  8. Originally posted by RemyCheck my recent Popmart photos, those are awesome.
    Yep. But i can't help falling in love with the Sydney's panoramic view. On the left, you can see a 55 years old man, and on the center/right, you can see a 18 years old boy. And they are going to enjoy the same. That's what makes U2 SO great.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yep. But i can't help falling in love with the Sydney's panoramic view. On the left, you can see a 55 years old man, and on the center/right, you can see a 18 years old boy. And they are going to enjoy the same. That's what makes U2 SO great.

Yep.

Check this one: http://www.u2start.com/photos/view/199/
    Quality is awesome.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]First, it was REMY who deleted your pics, so don't blame Gerard.
    Second, the criteria is NOT "the bigger the best", but "the higher the quality, the best", so maybe your pics were not Hi-Definitiopn enough to enter the album. I really don't know, I didn't see them yesterday. Anyway, if you think they were REALLY good stuff, re-upload them and we will discuss if they are worth making into the album.
    And Third) Indeed, almost any uploader made the pic he's uploading. For example, i've uploaded about 20 picuters and ANY of them were taken by me. But take a look to the comments of my photos:
    "Nice photography of Larry and Adam, during some photo session which took place on some wintertime in somewhere (:?). That means, unknown photographer, unknown date, unknown place."
    "Photo taken (likely by some photographer close to the band => Anton Corjbin?) during the recording of the Rattle And Hum, in the mythic Sun Studios.

Can you see it? I ALWAYS note "unknown photographer" or the Photograper-Date-Location info. No blame possible here. If you want to upload your own pictures, note it in the comments ("Photo taken by ME..."), but we're not obliged to upload our own pictures, are we?

Yeh, I knew it was Remy that looked at the pics and decided on them, but the post was written by germcevoy so I was just replying to that.
    I was not intending to attribute blame to anyone and if it read like I was then I'm sorry.

I was just interested to find out what criteria we were working from so that I would contribute only the best pictures in future and not waste anyone's time. On my computer screen the images I had seemed to match up but I don't have the best screen in the world. I'm really greateful the Streets one was deemed up to scratch.

I guess I misunderstood about the ownership rules - I can see now that ownership has been identified in the text. I just thought it was only pics we had actually taken we were adding. I was keen not to contravene any copyright.

Thanks, LikeaSong, for taking the time to reply to me.
    Gerard - sorry if I caused any offence with my first post.

Remy - thanks for your reply too, and I agree absolutely about just having the best up there.