1. I hate the Milan DVD. The audience energy is great as usual in Italy, but Bono's voice and the editing are terrible. For example, the 50% of the awesome intro of COBL is missing. Also the camera work is annoying sometimes. Too bad
    It would be a great DVD if they had included at least 15 or 18 tracks. I'm not asking for the 24 songs, but at least 15... They've missed Miracle Drug, LAPoE-SBS-BTBS, Streets... Too bad, too bad!
  2. the only positives about it is that that Elevation has an awesome performance!!! the whole stadiums sining along and Original and COBL has the coolest stage effects. it looks so vast and huge. and Miss Sarajevo is incredible
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongI hate the Milan DVD. The audience energy is great as usual in Italy, but Bono's voice and the editing are terrible. For example, the 50% of the awesome intro of COBL is missing. Also the camera work is annoying sometimes. Too bad
    It would be a great DVD if they had included at least 15 or 18 tracks. I'm not asking for the 24 songs, but at least 15... They've missed Miracle Drug, LAPoE-SBS-BTBS, Streets... Too bad, too bad!

Yes, but it was included with U218. A complete DVD has a 25 euro price tag here in Holland(20 for the single-edition, 25 for the deluxe-edition). If they decided to put the entire show on it, the price tag would have been much higher. And Chicago was already released.

On the other hand, Elevation had two DVD's too, Boston and Slane.

It was just marketing..

And about the show-editing: When I see a DVD, I want to have the feeling that I'm part of the crowd, a sort of flying U2-fan. Boston and Slane gave me that feeling, Milan not really.
  4. Originally posted by MWSAHAnd about the show-editing: When I see a DVD, I want to have the feeling that I'm part of the crowd, a sort of flying U2-fan. Boston and Slane gave me that feeling, Milan not really.

Yes, maybe not that feeling. But I like some frames, most of all during Still Haven't Found, Miss Sarajevo, I Will Follow and Elevation. It's a good DVD according to me.

5. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Yes, maybe not that feeling. But I like some frames, most of all during Still Haven't Found, Miss Sarajevo, I Will Follow and Elevation. It's a good DVD according to me.

Elevation is just great there..especially when the crowd is waving with their arms..just great!
  6. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Elevation is just great there..especially when the crowd is waving with their arms..just great!

Right!!! The frames of ALL the stadium moving the arms with Bono are... NO WORDS!!!
  7. Originally posted by MWSAHElevation is just great there..especially when the crowd is waving with their arms..just great!
    It was even better when YOU (really it was ME) were into the crowd, waving with 50.000 more people and being part of the show. Absolutely great.
    And one of the best moments of U2 live (ever!) for me is when the people sings loudly "E - LE -VA - TIOOON!!!". Awesome, simply amazing.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]It was even better when YOU (really it was ME) were into the crowd, waving with 50.000 more people and being part of the show. Absolutely great.
    And one of the best moments of U2 live (ever!) for me is when the people sings loudly "E - LE -VA - TIOOON!!!". Awesome, simply amazing.

Wow that must have been amazing! it really is a spectacular live version i must say.. but to actually be there wow!!!!.. theres nothing like the whole crowd singing "ELEVATION" just watchin it gives me goose pimples lol..
    I must admit i havent seen the Milan show from u218.. only that one elevation clip and its awesome the whole arm waving makes me smile!
  9. That's the reason why elvation shouldn't be dropped from the setlist, it's an awesome song for stadiums!
  10. So true.. a setlist just wouldnt be the same with out it really gets the crowd going! I hope one day i get to experience that! lol
  11. Originally posted by tuiSo true.. a setlist just wouldnt be the same with out it really gets the crowd going! I hope one day i get to experience that! lol
    I'm sure you will...
    Originally posted by tuiWow that must have been amazing! it really is a spectacular live version i must say.. but to actually be there wow!!!!.. theres nothing like the whole crowd singing "ELEVATION" just watchin it gives me goose pimples lol..
    I must admit i havent seen the Milan show from u218.. only that one elevation clip and its awesome the whole arm waving makes me smile!
    Indeed it was amazing. Elevation is never pointed as a highlight of the Vertigo Shows, but days after the show, the most amazing memory I had was, indeed, Elevation.

By the way, a cool and new TV channel, the "Sexta" (The Sixth, in english), broadcasted the Milan DVD in the New Year's Eve of this year. I recorded it, of course, and that's why I have the Milan DVD without havig bought the U218 pack...
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I'm sure you will... [..]Indeed it was amazing. Elevation is never pointed as a highlight of the Vertigo Shows, but days after the show, the most amazing memory I had was, indeed, Elevation.

By the way, a cool and new TV channel, the "Sexta" (The Sixth, in english), broadcasted the Milan DVD in the New Year's Eve of this year. I recorded it, of course, and that's why I have the Milan DVD without havig bought the U218 pack...

It was broadcasted here too, last year...