1. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Back then, i wasn't a die hard fan as I am now, but from what I remember, they broadcasted some clips, mixed together.

was it about a female fan who got pulled up on stage to play guitar?
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

was it about a female fan who got pulled up on stage to play guitar?

Can't remember...But never mind.
  3. Can someone tell me what the meaning of the 'Underground' t-shirt, Bono's wearing during the end of WOWY, is....is this something special??
  4. Originally posted by CoenCan someone tell me what the meaning of the 'Underground' t-shirt, Bono's wearing during the end of WOWY, is....is this something special??

in tribute to the London Bombings on London's underground train service of the 7th July 2005 which killed over 50 people. Nice little tribute. (I think the guy in the audience was given the t-shirt to throw up on stage though. It fits Bono too well)
  5. Originally posted by thefly07Sorry if this has a forum dedicated to it. I'm fairly new and haven't pillaged through every topic yet.

Anyway, is there anyone else who feels more than a little let down by the Milan dvd? This was so promising. My beef is that there is only 10 tracks and the whole thing feels obviously incomplete and kind of like it was just thrown together. Seriously, it would have made more sense to include at least 18 tracks to keep with the "U218" theme. Also, we all know that the performance of Electric Co. was surely electric. I really wanted to see Miracle Drug performed with the great visuals on the big wall. Same goes for Love and Peace and the whole heart of darkness portion. No Zoo Station, no The Fly, NO STREETS. Whenever I put it on I can't stay into it for these reasons, my mind wanders to what could or should have been...I'm hoping it will get a proper release in the future. I suppose it is a good snapshot though. The U23D will have a dvd release, yes? That's right to assume? THAT looks incredible.

Well you're totally right, it doens't FEEL like a U2-CONCERT
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

have you saw the bit in COBL where you see a girl taking a photo on her phone and the second she takes it, the camera on Bono freeze frames like an actual photograph and it flys of the screen? Truley terrible. And all of the one transparent image over another. U2 dvd's used to be more simple and raw. Vertigo DVD's though

Hey - that's some cheesy crap if I've ever seen cheese. I'd be inclined to say this is Hamish's way of doing shows:

1. Get pissed heavily. Not 3 beers, more like 13 beers.
    3. Walk into work and pretend he knows what he's doing.
    3. Tell U2 and the record company he's done.

Even though U2 and the record company know what a shithouse job it really is. But they fear that some other person would do worse.

NOT LIKELY. I've seen better efforts from bootlegs.
  7. Did you know Hamish Hamilton works for MTV? That explains why half of the MTV concerts are terrible.
  8. Originally posted by drewhigginsDid you know Hamish Hamilton works for MTV? That explains why half of the MTV concerts are terrible.

So you watched Eminem, Usher, Britney Spears, Robbie Williams and Jay-Z? Cause this is what he directed in the last years for TV...
  9. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

Yeah, I have bought ABOY single from this song... seriously, it's painful to hear Bono voice in With or Without You

You think With or Without You was painful to listen to? Using a program called AC3 Filter, Windows Media Player and changing it to the second audio stream, putting the background music down and the voice right up City of Blinding Lights is truly horrible to listen to.

You can actually hear him struggling during the part where he leans to the audience and they're all putting their hands out towards Bono.
  10. Originally posted by drewhigginsYou think With or Without You was painful to listen to? Using a program called AC3 Filter, Windows Media Player and changing it to the second audio stream, putting the background music down and the voice right up City of Blinding Lights is truly horrible to listen to.

You can actually hear him struggling during the part where he leans to the audience and they're all putting their hands out towards Bono.
    Absolutely. Horrible voice. I don't understand what is SO good about Milan. Only that it's a proshot.

EDIT: Not only. Also the waving of Elevation is AWESOME. And anything else.
  11. San Siro will be soon no more