1. a quick return to earlier in the year there's about six pro-shot songs from the sting and Gabriel tour on the channel this comes from

2. Edit: nvm
  3. Funny, I am a fanatic of so many artists. I have been to only four Sting and four Police shows, but 10/31/83 Police was my first ever concert. As much as I love Sting, and as much as I love his solo career from 1985-1999, he really shifted into the most incredible Old Fogey mode I could ever imagine. The Last Ship seemed like an even campier version of The Pirates of Penzance! Even John Mellencamp, who also is only making old fashioned music would be bored with most of Sting's recent output. I thought the Last Ship was Music for Grandpas. Granted, Sting is no spring chicken, but it killed me that he would do a Police tour without the guts to make a new Police album. It made it look like a cash grab.
    And trust me, as one of the biggest detractors of U2's SOI, I'm still very happy they had the guts to release it, and play the songs live. A lot of older artists simply phone it in....

So I am excited to buy this new Sting album...and hope it is even half as good as Brand New Day. But in 13 years, only having one true new album of pop/rock material for somebody so talented is a shame. Just Imagine if Atomic was the last U2 album? Ok, rant over, hoping I will love 57th...and yes, I am touched he said Prince's passing inspired him somewhat.
  4. It's been uploaded to YouTube. The sound is even worse on this official video than on the Rolling Stone video.

Great performance, shame about the sound.
  5. Coming to town in July, at the very same place and festival where I first saw him in 2006... Going going going!

6. Wow. I love the piano version of 'The Empty Chair'.

I would love to see Sting live one day.
  7. I used to have these ones, lost them some time ago. Thx for sharing them!