1. or in Buenos Aires

2. I posted only European dates, I will let you know if/when South American dates surface

3. Thank you !!

I love Dire straits ...more than Mark´s own career , but i would be a good show to see
  4. We all do, I think
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Mark Knopfler is coming to town. And I mean almost to every town

http://www.markknopfler.com/tour/

Istanbul, Sofia, Belgrade, Torino, Milan, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Prague, Łódź, Berlin, Bremen, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Birmingham, Brighton, London (x6), Moscow, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Hamar, Bergen, Stavanger, Gothenburg, Malmö, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Regensburg, Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Salzburg, Paris, Caen, Rennes, Clermont Ferrand, Dijon, Köln, Halle (Westfalen), Dresden, Bad Mergentheim, Stuttgart, Nîmes, Padova, Rome, Naples, Taormina, Floriana, Lucca, Lörrach, St. Julien en Genevois, Barcelona, Madrid, Málaga.

If he doesn't play anywhere close to you, it's because you live here:
    [image]

None of those are close to me and I don't live there
  6. How close is 'close'?
  7. I'm seeing this guys on April 30th. They have a scarily similar sound to the originals, even Guy Fletcher had a tough time deciding if a recording he was offered was played by the cover band or Dire Straits themselves .

8. Mark Knopfler will be playing a venue near me (IJselhallen, Zwolle) this November. I noticed he only plays three Dire Straits songs (Sultans of Swing, Romeo and Julliet and Telegraph Road). Not sure if I'll go.
  9. Yep, he plays too few Dire Straits material for me to be really interested in his show. I'd still love to go just for the sake of seeing one of my idols performing live
  10. Originally posted by fabian:Mark Knopfler will be playing a venue near me (IJselhallen, Zwolle) this November. I noticed he only plays three Dire Straits songs (Sultans of Swing, Romeo and Julliet and Telegraph Road). Not sure if I'll go.

You mean june 7th instead of november i think.
    I went last month in the Ziggodome Amsterdam and had a great night!!
    The DS songs rotate this tour only Romeo & Juliet and Telegraph Road are played every show.
    Sultans of Swings isn´t played every show this tour. He also played this tour Brothers In Arms and So Far Away.
    After the show and online on his website you can buy the show on USB stick in soundboard quality (MP3/ 320kps)
  11. YES ^ That option is amazing, the USB stick is modelled with the shape of his famous Fiesta Red Stratocaster one of my favorite guitars of all time.

Anyway, rotating Sultans Of Swing is a sin and should be punished by the gods or something So Far Away is boring and overrated, and Brothers In Arms is amazing but I don't think it's enough to fill the lack of DS songs.