1. The Police Madrid 31 8 1980

https://we.tl/t-hiprQqmxOH

allegedly from the 'master' but very low bitrate because the bloke who shared it is a (please insert your choice of insult here).
  2. hahaha well, thanks for sharing anyway. My grandfather was at this gig so I'll pass the recording to him
  3. The Police
    Palasport, Reggio Emilia, Italy
    1980-04-03

Audience stereo recording
    Source: Biccio59 master cassettes
    Transfer: Andrea82
    Editing: DrBBalls

Source: Audience Recording from 1st Generation Tape (Courtesy of Biccio59 Archives)
    Transfer: Denon DRM-800 > Sony PCM-10 (Wav 24/44.1) (by Andrea82)
    Editing: Sound Forge (Wav 24/44.1 > 16/44.1 // Fades in/out // Gaps Edit) > CD Wave Editor > Trader's Little Helper (Flac 8) (by big22 aka DrBBalls)

Setlist :

01. Next To You
    02. So Lonely
    03. Walking On The Moon
    04. Hole In My Life
    05. Deathwish
    06. Truth Hits Everybody
    07. Driven To Tears
    08. Bring On The Night
    09. Visions Of The Night
    10. The Bed's Too Big Without You
    11. Message In A Bottle
    12. Roxanne
    13. Can't Stand Losing You / Reggatta De Blanc
    14. Landlord
    15. Born In The 50's
    16. Fall Out
    17. Next To You

Biccio59's Collection Series

I am pleased to present the birth of this project. They are tapes in audio cassettes coming directly from Biccio59's personal collection. He has recorded countless masters over the years and collected several recordings.
    There are many musical genres, international artists but also italian ones. The shows are from the 80s to the early 90s, mostly recorded in Italy.
    I took care of the digital transfer of the audio cassettes, using a magnificent Denon DRM-800 device just revised. What I present to you is a faithful and unaltered sound, a raw transfer of the original recording. No effect type, filter, equalization has been applied.
    In this series you will be able to appreciate recordings never circulated until now, or in many cases it will be an upgrade compared to versions already circulated but in lower quality.
    A profound thanks to Biccio for having made his precious treasures available: each recorded concert is a unique and unrepeatable historical document, testimony of an evening, of a period, of an era. A time machine that allows us to return as spectators of past events.

Con piacere vi presento la nascita di questo progetto. Sono nastri in audiocassette provenienti direttamente dalla collezione personale di Biccio59. Egli ha registrato nel corso degli anni innumerevoli masters e raccolto svariate registrazioni.
    Si spazia tra molti generi musicali, artisti internazionali ma anche italiani. I concerti vanno dagli anni 80 fino ai primi anni 90, in maggioranza registrati in Italia.
    Io mi sono occupato del trasferimento in digitale delle audiocassette, usando un magnifico apparecchio Denon DRM-800 appena revisionato. Quello che vi presento è un suono fedele ed inalterato, un trasferimento raw della registrazione originale. Non è stato applicato nessun tipo di effetto, filtro, equalizzazione.
    In questa serie potrete apprezzare registrazioni mai circolate fino ad ora, oppure in molti casi si tratterà di un upgrade rispetto a versioni già circolate ma in qualità inferiore.
    Un profondo ringraziamento a Biccio per avere messo a disposizione i suoi preziosi tesori: ogni concerto registrato è un documento storico unico e irripetibile, testimonianza di una serata, di un periodo, di un’epoca. Una macchina del tempo che ci permette di tornare spettatori di eventi passati.

Do Not Sell This Recording.
    Do Not Buy This Recording.
    Trade Freely. Don't Alter The Info File.
    Do Not Convert To Mp3 Format.

If You Like It, Please Leave A Comment, It’s Appreciated.

Biccio59 & Andrea82

https://we.tl/t-mHGR69EpV0
  4. Originally posted by eddiemonsoon:The Police
    Palasport, Reggio Emilia, Italy
    1980-04-03

Audience stereo recording
    Source: Biccio59 master cassettes
    Transfer: Andrea82
    Editing: DrBBalls

Source: Audience Recording from 1st Generation Tape (Courtesy of Biccio59 Archives)
    Transfer: Denon DRM-800 > Sony PCM-10 (Wav 24/44.1) (by Andrea82)
    Editing: Sound Forge (Wav 24/44.1 > 16/44.1 // Fades in/out // Gaps Edit) > CD Wave Editor > Trader's Little Helper (Flac 8) (by big22 aka DrBBalls)

Setlist :

01. Next To You
    02. So Lonely
    03. Walking On The Moon
    04. Hole In My Life
    05. Deathwish
    06. Truth Hits Everybody
    07. Driven To Tears
    08. Bring On The Night
    09. Visions Of The Night
    10. The Bed's Too Big Without You
    11. Message In A Bottle
    12. Roxanne
    13. Can't Stand Losing You / Reggatta De Blanc
    14. Landlord
    15. Born In The 50's
    16. Fall Out
    17. Next To You

Biccio59's Collection Series

I am pleased to present the birth of this project. They are tapes in audio cassettes coming directly from Biccio59's personal collection. He has recorded countless masters over the years and collected several recordings.
    There are many musical genres, international artists but also italian ones. The shows are from the 80s to the early 90s, mostly recorded in Italy.
    I took care of the digital transfer of the audio cassettes, using a magnificent Denon DRM-800 device just revised. What I present to you is a faithful and unaltered sound, a raw transfer of the original recording. No effect type, filter, equalization has been applied.
    In this series you will be able to appreciate recordings never circulated until now, or in many cases it will be an upgrade compared to versions already circulated but in lower quality.
    A profound thanks to Biccio for having made his precious treasures available: each recorded concert is a unique and unrepeatable historical document, testimony of an evening, of a period, of an era. A time machine that allows us to return as spectators of past events.

Con piacere vi presento la nascita di questo progetto. Sono nastri in audiocassette provenienti direttamente dalla collezione personale di Biccio59. Egli ha registrato nel corso degli anni innumerevoli masters e raccolto svariate registrazioni.
    Si spazia tra molti generi musicali, artisti internazionali ma anche italiani. I concerti vanno dagli anni 80 fino ai primi anni 90, in maggioranza registrati in Italia.
    Io mi sono occupato del trasferimento in digitale delle audiocassette, usando un magnifico apparecchio Denon DRM-800 appena revisionato. Quello che vi presento è un suono fedele ed inalterato, un trasferimento raw della registrazione originale. Non è stato applicato nessun tipo di effetto, filtro, equalizzazione.
    In questa serie potrete apprezzare registrazioni mai circolate fino ad ora, oppure in molti casi si tratterà di un upgrade rispetto a versioni già circolate ma in qualità inferiore.
    Un profondo ringraziamento a Biccio per avere messo a disposizione i suoi preziosi tesori: ogni concerto registrato è un documento storico unico e irripetibile, testimonianza di una serata, di un periodo, di un’epoca. Una macchina del tempo che ci permette di tornare spettatori di eventi passati.

Do Not Sell This Recording.
    Do Not Buy This Recording.
    Trade Freely. Don't Alter The Info File.
    Do Not Convert To Mp3 Format.

If You Like It, Please Leave A Comment, It’s Appreciated.

Biccio59 & Andrea82

https://we.tl/t-mHGR69EpV0
    Opening and closing with Next To You? Wow, I had never seen that. I've checked the Police Around The World setlists and it seemed to have happened at least 11 times between 1979 and 1980. Surprising!

I had never understood the band's (or more like Sting's) apparent devotion for Next To You. I mean, I like it and it's a nice rocker but closing all but a few of your Reunion shows with it?
  5. Most times it was more or less a one minute thrash added onto the end of fall out. It's not the strangest event involving 'next to you' that has to go to Bourget, Paris 10 1 1982 when, after being late for the gig due to the weather, next to you made an impromptu appearance as an extra encore.

Meanwhile 40th birthday of Essen 1980 this weekend so I finally got round to a conversion.

6. Originally posted by eddiemonsoon:Most times it was more or less a one minute thrash added onto the end of fall out. It's not the strangest event involving 'next to you' that has to go to Bourget, Paris 10 1 1982 when, after being late for the gig due to the weather, next to you made an impromptu appearance as an extra encore.

Meanwhile 40th birthday of Essen 1980 this weekend so I finally got round to a conversion.

SoundCloud: 06 by sukit
    Wasn't Essen 1980 broadcast? I think I have it in my small-but-ever-growing Police bootleg collection. What is this conversion you talk about?
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wasn't Essen 1980 broadcast? I think I have it in my small-but-ever-growing Police bootleg collection. What is this conversion you talk about?
    my cassette
  8. Something to celebrate the long overdue death of the Reliquary blog.

The Police Boston 7 4 1979 1990's rebroadcast fm flac

https://we.tl/t-aTpxPtYsva