1. Since it's the general release date of the DVD today i've created this topic for everyone to tell us what they though about it.

I've just bought my copy (2 disc limited edition) and first impressions are awesome. Really feels expensive and what about the pop up Edge? Awesome. I haven't watched it yet but I know it sounds awesome and cannot wait to watch the bonus disc. I'll add my full review later but in the mean time please add your own thoughts.
  2. I'm a little disappointed in the video improval, I feel ZooTV was done better. Also I liked the sound something more on ZooTV, my DTS stream is sounding weird sometimes but most of the time awesome as hell.

Bonus material is awesome, best bonus disc on any U2 release ever.
  3. got mine today..£15.49..double disk...brilliant...mysterious ways the best...
  4. Didn't buy it yet but I will in the next few days then I will tell you my opinion
  5. Buying mine today! Hopefully i can find it
    Will let you know by the end of the day
  6. Just watched both discs and i'm bitterly dissapointed.

Main show : excellent performance as we all know and greatly improved sound but the picture is terrible for a DVD. Sydney is much much much better. The picture lets it down big time.

Bonus disc : Looked promising but again i'm really dissapointed. The camera work on the Rotterdam songs is terrible. Just constant fades and shots laid on top of shots. The first minute of Discotheque is completley out of focus. Also dissapointed with the sound quality onthese tracks. The Sarajevo documentary isn't as good as the one found on the best of 1990-2000 DVD although it does include parts of Streets and The Real Thing. Edmonton tracks were average I thought and the tour of the tour feature was just alright.

Overall , the best thing about the DVD for me was the packaging. As a show, Popmart Mexico is great but for a DVD release i'm giving this one 6.5/10
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyJust watched both discs and i'm bitterly dissapointed.

Main show : excellent performance as we all know and greatly improved sound but the picture is terrible for a DVD. Sydney is much much much better. The picture lets it down big time.

Bonus disc : Looked promising but again i'm really dissapointed. The camera work on the Rotterdam songs is terrible. Just constant fades and shots laid on top of shots. The first minute of Discotheque is completley out of focus. Also dissapointed with the sound quality onthese tracks. The Sarajevo documentary isn't as good as the one found on the best of 1990-2000 DVD although it does include parts of Streets and The Real Thing. Edmonton tracks were average I thought and the tour of the tour feature was just alright.

Overall , the best thing about the DVD for me was the packaging. As a show, Popmart Mexico is great but for a DVD release i'm giving this one 6.5/10

Yep, agree about the picture. It's horrible.

Love the Rotterdam footage though.
  8. Originally posted by Remy[..]
    Yep, agree about the picture. It's horrible.

Love the Rotterdam footage though.

so nearly great. Just couldn't stand the camera work and there are empty seats which is a shame
  9. I agree with your critique guys, the picture is too "full" with colors especially in the main concert, and the camera in Rooterdam (I think) was not the best. Anyway, the specials on the bonus dvd, especially the documentaries - Awesome.

But well, after all I can live with the colours and am quite pleased with the DVD overall. The excitement was not in vain

But speaking of the ZooV-DVD: why the hell didn't they use a show from 1992 for the DVD release? I mean until I got to know the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast Special, I had no clue about the actual greatness of the concert. For example you don't get an impression of the Trabants (they weren't used in Sydney were they ?) and the "mammut-ness" and the impressions from the screen imo. I mean....the 'larger-than-life'-impression lacks on the Sydney-show.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

so nearly great. Just couldn't stand the camera work and there are empty seats which is a shame

There aren't, the shows were sold out completely just as almost all the Popmart 2nd leg shows.

The empty seats are because of the view, you can see that the empty seats are only on a part of the stadium on top, people from there couldn't see the stage properly so those seats never were sold.
  11. Originally posted by loftarasaI agree with your critique guys, the picture is too "full" with colors especially in the main concert, and the camera in Rooterdam (I think) was not the best. Anyway, the specials on the bonus dvd, especially the documentaries - Awesome.

But well, after all I can live with the colours and am quite pleased with the DVD overall. The excitement was not in vain

But speaking of the ZooV-DVD: why the hell didn't they use a show from 1992 for the DVD release? I mean until I got to know the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast Special, I had no clue about the actual greatness of the concert. For example you don't get an impression of the Trabants (they weren't used in Sydney were they ?) and the "mammut-ness" and the impressions from the screen imo. I mean....the 'larger-than-life'-impression lacks on the Sydney-show.

I think you never watched the Sydney show properly
    The Trabants were clearly visible (Even Better, Daddy's Gonna Pay!) and I think the larger-than-life experience is absolutely there due to the wide camera work.

12. Originally posted by loftarasa

the trabants are there indeed. The changes in the setlist for the final few shows gave the Sydney DVD a completley different feel to the rest of ZooTV I think. I'd have loved it if Bad and Ultraviolet were not dropped and if Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World was allowed to be included. I think Sydney is still an excellent visual aid to ZooTV. The final shows just had a different feel and it's always been my opinion that this is because the change in setlist