1. Originally posted by Angel_or_DevilO yeh they could have won it in the closing stages, got the ball within inches of the try line

they deserved something. If pride were points, they'd top the table
  2. Originally posted by djrlewisFollowing on from a discussion started in the hello fellow u2 fans from Wales topic:-

http://www.u2start.com/topic/2382/

I thought I'd just create a topic for those that want to talk about the ongoing Rugby World Cup. Not sure how many of the Europeans on here watch it but I know the Welsh and Irish amongst us have mentioned it and I suspect Tui might have something to contribute about the poor performances to date by her home team (:9 )

Anything goes but let's keep it clean!

Lol poor performances by my team?? hehe please tell me your kidding? hehe but no no this world cup has been very interesting i must say!.. its very exciting!
    Now i must shake the hands of the georgia team they did very well against Ireland :O.. maybe they took them too much for granted?

i know that happened with the All Blacks against Portugal, first half was absolutely shocking i must say.. i was horrified, the passing we let off so many intercepts but luckily the boys pulled it off, im very interested to see how well it goes against Scotland

so final outcome really NZ and SA? hmmm i hope not
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I agree with you there
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

We've got to hope the IRF look after teams like Georgia after this World Cup;make sure that they continue to compete. They are helped loads by the fact that most of their players play in the French 1st league. If they hadn't been in the 'Group of Death', who knows!
  5. South Africa 36 England 0.............England were lucky to get 0 !!!
  6. Originally posted by tui[..]

Lol poor performances by my team?? hehe please tell me your kidding? hehe but no no this world cup has been very interesting i must say!.. its very exciting!
    Now i must shake the hands of the georgia team they did very well against Ireland :O.. maybe they took them too much for granted?

i know that happened with the All Blacks against Portugal, first half was absolutely shocking i must say.. i was horrified, the passing we let off so many intercepts but luckily the boys pulled it off, im very interested to see how well it goes against Scotland

so final outcome really NZ and SA? hmmm i hope not

Yeh, joking slightly, although I bet it hurt letting in 2 tries. Can't afford that against the better teams. Let's be honest, this World Cup is yours to lose, it's one of the best teams you've ever had. As you say, Scotland will be a better test.
  7. Originally posted by gmcSouth Africa 36 England 0.............England were lucky to get 0 !!!

Worst performance I've seen from England in a very long time.

South Africa didn't even need to get out of 3rd gear
  8. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Worst performance I've seen from England in a very long time.

South Africa didn't even need to get out of 3rd gear

Twas very embarrassing indeed....
  9. Pleased with 72-18 against Japan, although a couple of tries slipped through and yet again we were very slow to get going. If we can get the 2nd half performances in the first half too we'd stand a much better chance.

Awesome try by Japan, best of the tournament...
  10. I'm completely out of the loop.When's England's next game ?
  11. England are playing Samoa 3pm tomorrow (22nd september). Should be a bruising encounter going by the physicality the Samoans have shown.

Wales had a bit of a shakey start.
    Japan's tries were great- no doubt, they showed confidence and really tested the welsh defence at times. I thought that wales were too keen to play fast ball at times. Should have kept hold of the ball, gone to ground and recycled instead of trying to keep it alive which forced interceptions and knock-ons . Glad Martyn Williams got on the score board (twice)- such a great player.
  12. Originally posted by gmcI'm completely out of the loop.When's England's next game ?

England v Samoa is tomorrow, Sat 22nd. Kick off 1500 (BST) and it's live on ITV 1.

Another match to look out for is Ireland v France, tonight 8pm on ITV 1. Make or break for both teams.

Scotland v New Zealand is Sunday 4pm (only ITV 4 though)