1. Originally posted by emielsorry bono sings that as well in europe 1992
    i was there in dortmund and the show was on the 4 of june1992 and when the show starts he did sing this part at the beginning before zoo station
    i also got the show on cd called Achtung dortmund and on dvd ....
    Do you mean Dortmund 1992-06-04 (4th June) ?? What an amazing concert!! Congratulations for being there!!!
  2. yes i was there it was my first u2 concert ever !!!!!
    it was one of the best days in my life .....
    i bought the tickets here in holland .....
    at that time there was a record store in my place where you could buy
    tickets for concerts around the whole of europe ......not only u2
    but also other bands ...
    you where brought there by bus that was into the price and a concert ticket ...
    in the the bus they gave the tickets to you and this was for the second ring ....
    10 lucky bastards got in to the snake pit ....
    a friend of my was one of the lucky ones
    but it was a great show ...with a great athmosphere ......bono and the
    band where in a great mood that night !!!!!
  3. Thanks LikeASong! Never knew that...it really sounds un-english when you first hear it
  4. many thanks guys for the DATA, salu2
  5. Glad to see some of you are "on the right way" now...

Indeed it sounds very weird, not English at all. Maybe Gaelic was understrandable, but Arabic?? How can he people think that's arabic??
  6. Its actually just jibberish, like when Bono improvises in the studio before he writes the actual lyrics. He supposedly got the idea though while they were on one of their photo shoots in Morocco. He heard the muslim call to prayer each day and that is where the idea came from. If you listen to several of the intros from the indoor Zoo shows he isnt really saying the same thing everytime, just similiar inflections and words. Its the Bonogolese basically he uses in the studio.
  7. Originally posted by Blue_RoomIts actually just jibberish, like when Bono improvises in the studio before he writes the actual lyrics. He supposedly got the idea though while they were on one of their photo shoots in Morocco. He heard the muslim call to prayer each day and that is where the idea came from. If you listen to several of the intros from the indoor Zoo shows he isnt really saying the same thing everytime, just similiar inflections and words. Its the Bonogolese basically he uses in the studio.
    I must agree. The words are never the same, it's the same case than Shine Like Stars. They're improptu verses, which are under changes every performance.
  8. Originally posted by Blue_RoomIts actually just jibberish, like when Bono improvises in the studio before he writes the actual lyrics. He supposedly got the idea though while they were on one of their photo shoots in Morocco. He heard the muslim call to prayer each day and that is where the idea came from. If you listen to several of the intros from the indoor Zoo shows he isnt really saying the same thing everytime, just similiar inflections and words. Its the Bonogolese basically he uses in the studio.

have to agree there. I always thought it was pre-recorded jibberish until I saw the Stockholm DVD. Whether he's saying something or just muttering randomness, I still like it
  9. Originally posted by germcevoyhave to agree there. I always thought it was pre-recorded jibberish until I saw the Stockholm DVD. Whether he's saying something or just muttering randomness, I still like it
    Yep.
  10. Oh, I agree. I thought it was cool. A unique way to start the show. Really the only time Bono came onstage first throughout most of their live history.
  11. Originally posted by Blue_RoomOh, I agree. I thought it was cool. A unique way to start the show. Really the only time Bono came onstage first throughout most of their live history.
    What about the Boy, October and some War concerts? Bono presented the band before the music started many times.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]What about the Boy, October and some War concerts? Bono presented the band before the music started many times.

on Elevation and Vertigo the band came onstage simultaneously