1. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

16 KB/sec here

Oh...and about shows, I love Lost, 24, Prison Break...and on comedies, nothing special on the new ones, mostly on the oldies (Friends, Seinfeld, etc.)!!

Seinfeld's one of my all-time favorites. Been watching it since I was little.
  2. Decided to change the title to make this the TV thread.
  3. Since this is now the "TV" thread, I can comment on a few of the early pilots that I've seen.

Cavemen: Not good. Don't know how they plan on keeping the audience engaged over a full season.
    Reaper: Surprisingly good. The lead character is a pretty strong comic actor.
    Pushing Dasies: Check this one out. I really enjoyed it. Be interested to see how they sustain it for a full season.
    Bionic Woman: Blah. No comment. Didn't hate it, but didn't like it either.

That's all I can think of for now.
  4. Originally posted by haytrainSince this is now the "TV" thread, I can comment on a few of the early pilots that I've seen.

Cavemen: Not good. Don't know how they plan on keeping the audience engaged over a full season.
    Reaper: Surprisingly good. The lead character is a pretty strong comic actor.
    Pushing Dasies: Check this one out. I really enjoyed it. Be interested to see how they sustain it for a full season.
    Bionic Woman: Blah. No comment. Didn't hate it, but didn't like it either.

That's all I can think of for now.

Did you really expect Cavemen to be good? What's the storyline?
  5. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Did you really expect Cavemen to be good? What's the storyline?

No, no one expects it to be good.

I can't remember the plot totally, as I saw it a few months ago....but from what I remember, it just jumps right into it. No explanation really, there's just cavemen living among the humans, and they are viewed as being inferior to the rest of the people. Anyways, the series focuses on these three guys (i think 2 of them might have been brothers?) One is the main character, he's trying to win over his girlfriend's family (she isn't a caveman, BTW) and impress her father at a country club event. There's a big oafish Caveman guy who's kind of the comic relief, and then there's also the really cynical, witty guy who makes sarcastic remarks. Pretty boring though. Not sure what ABC was thinking...
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

No, no one expects it to be good.

I can't remember the plot totally, as I saw it a few months ago....but from what I remember, it just jumps right into it. No explanation really, there's just cavemen living among the humans, and they are viewed as being inferior to the rest of the people. Anyways, the series focuses on these three guys (i think 2 of them might have been brothers?) One is the main character, he's trying to win over his girlfriend's family (she isn't a caveman, BTW) and impress her father at a country club event. There's a big oafish Caveman guy who's kind of the comic relief, and then there's also the really cynical, witty guy who makes sarcastic remarks. Pretty boring though. Not sure what ABC was thinking...

lol. That's the dumbest plot I've ever heard of! It amazes me that there are some great shows out there, but they get cancelled for crap like that.
  7. Originally posted by easports43[..]

lol. That's the dumbest plot I've ever heard of! It amazes me that there are some great shows out there, but they get cancelled for crap like that.

yeah. Networks are too quick to pull the plug on a lot of good shows....but then again, there's a lot of really bad stuff that gets made too.
  8. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

yeah. Networks are too quick to pull the plug on a lot of good shows....but then again, there's a lot of really bad stuff that gets made too.

Yeah that's true.
  9. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Yeah that's true.

But I'm telling you, check out "Pushing Daisies"....I think it premieres a week from today on ABC. Really interesting, different storyline. (Listen to me! You'd think I work for ABC!....I can assure you, I don't)
  10. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

But I'm telling you, check out "Pushing Daisies"....I think it premieres a week from today on ABC. Really interesting, different storyline. (Listen to me! You'd think I work for ABC!....I can assure you, I don't)

That's been one I've planned on watching. I just forgot when it was on.
  11. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Yeah they do! I hate that, for instance: Day Break last year, the show that filled up the Lost hiatus. I loved that show, pretty interesting storyline and a unique concept. But people needed to stay focussed to understand the show, but if you do, it's great.

But it was cancelled after a few episodes, as well as many other shows.

That's why I stopped watching pilots of new shows from the US to prevent me from loving a show and then not being able to watch it through on decent quality (not like on the web). I only watch new shows after they survived a full season.
  12. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Yeah they do! I hate that, for instance: Day Break last year, the show that filled up the Lost hiatus. I loved that show, pretty interesting storyline and a unique concept. But people needed to stay focused to understand the show, but if you do, it's great.

But it was cancelled after a few episodes, as well as many other shows.

That's why I stopped watching pilots of new shows from the US to prevent me from loving a show and then not being able to watch it through on decent quality (not like on the web). I only watch new shows after they survived a full season.

About Day Break - In Israel we get an Asian channel called Star World, and they broadcast the whole show. Yesterday was the 9th episode.
    I found the show at start pretty hard to understand, but now it's OK.

As for other American TV shows I like Law and Order[ ], The Shield, My Name Is Earl and Gilmore Girls [LOL ! my sister made me watch a few episodes and now it's addictive!]

I don't like Prison Break, but after seeing the first episode I couldn't stop watching even though it's pretty dumb..