1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, a classic example of a tour overshadowing its album. They were ON FIRE!! Some of the best gigs from the 80s come from the October Tour.
    it was just Boy tour 2.0. The new songs fitted in perfectly somehow...
  2. Originally posted by thefly108:Without a Shout and Rejoice
    I love October. It's very spiritual and often misunderstood. I have my dad's old vinyl copy of it, which is a lot of fun to listen to.
    With or Without a Shout
  3. Gloria, Tomorrow, and October are all favorites of mine. I think “Gloria” may be one of my favorite songs I’ve ever witnessed them play live. Just fantastic.
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:Gloria, Tomorrow, and October are all favorites of mine. I think “Gloria” may be one of my favorite songs I’ve ever witnessed them play live. Just fantastic.
    The audience reaction is perfectly comparable to Pride, I Will Follow or any of the warhorses. It amazed me big time last year
  5. October and Gloria are my favourite from the album. Quite predictable but both great songs. They made a real impression on me back in 2015 when I got to hear them both live. Even though I’ve seen them play other songs from the early 80’s never have I felt like I wasn’t actually witnessing u2 back then like I did when they played these songs. Gloria had the energy, the band and the crowd reacting like it was there latest hit single. October just drew you in, it was something special, there’s not many u2 songs that have such a long instrumental part that’s so bare and so intimate. Bono’s lyrics short, simple but very effective, can’t complain with anything about the song. Just behind these I fall down and With a shout are my next favourites from the album.

6. Right on! I knew it looked familiar.

I was listening to I Fall Down again over the weekend and started thinking about how this song is odd that they use names in it. Julie says...

Are there any other U2 songs with specific names used in the song story? I know there's that Alex Descends B-side and that the Black Out uses names for rhymes. I just can't seem to think of any others.
  7. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:[..]

Right on! I knew it looked familiar.

I was listening to I Fall Down again over the weekend and started thinking about how this song is odd that they use names in it. Julie says...

Are there any other U2 songs with specific names used in the song story? I know there's that Alex Descends B-side and that the Black Out uses names for rhymes. I just can't seem to think of any others.
    Mysterious Ways has Johnny
  8. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:[..]

Right on! I knew it looked familiar.

Party Girl (Party and Trampoline), Grace (eponymous), Iris (eponymous), One Tree Hill (Víctor Jara) and Surrender (Sadie) spring to mind.

Also there's In A Little While that begins with "In a little while, Shirley you'll be mine", I don't know if that counts...
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Party Girl (Party and Trampoline), Grace (eponymous), Iris (eponymous), One Tree Hill (Víctor Jara) and Surrender (Sadie) spring to mind.

Also there's In A Little While that begins with "In a little while, Shirley you'll be mine", I don't know if that counts...
    Yes, definitely Shirley.
  10. Surely you are right!

11. PS. @Remy since I indirectly mentioned you I guess you should know we're making fun of your misheard lyric from 12 years ago