1. Boring answer, but October and Tomorrow are the best ones for me too...
  2. I think it is the weakest album.

Of course there are good songs. I like I threw a brick, Rejoice, Tomorrow , and With a shout
  3. Gloria is probably the best but I like the UABRS version better. October is easily next (if not first - depending on my mood) while the powerful Tomorrow is third (although the lyrics are a bit repetitive). The rest is...meh. I suppose I Threw A Brick and I Fall Down get points for being on the Red Rocks DVD (that doesn't really promote the October album, does it?), Scarlet gained new interest being played on the 360 tour, and Fire was a single so I always give it SOME points for that. All that being said, I have listened to this album the least (even less than the most recent album, I would guess) of all the U2 albums.
  4. 30 years today since October was released.
  5. I shall give it a listen before sleeping!
  6. Congratulations, you
  7. Sorry. I clicked on Post before it was completely written. And I can't edit from my phone...

Congratulations, you ugly duckling of U2 albums! Happy 30!
  8. October... the infamous "Sophomore Slump" album of U2's discography.

I'm not going to lie, October did produce some real classy combos, such as October --> New Years Day. Gloria was always a great song. Most of the other songs aren't as much weak as they are eclectic.
  9. Tomorrow, Gloria, Rejoice, I Fall Down, October and Brick are all brilliant.

By the way, this is one of the albums which improved the most when played live. Specially I Fall Down, Brick and Gloria were STUNNING during the October and War tours.
  10. And what an album of musical joy this is.
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:October... the infamous "Sophomore Slump" album of U2's discography.

I'm not going to lie, October did produce some real classy combos, such as October --> New Years Day. Gloria was always a great song. Most of the other songs aren't as much weak as they are eclectic.

Yeah, the October/NYD combo is really solid. I'd like to hear that live again one day.
  12. 1st of October, time to listen to the album in full as every year