1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Had this one last night...

The girlfriend and I were in a "backstage" area of an I&E show, but I guess I don't realize it yet. All of the sudden U2 minus Adam come out of nowhere and are sort of behind this barricade thing before they go on stage.

One by one I hold each one of their hands while shaking it and say to:

Bono: "this is a dream come true, thank you for all you have done for me."

Edge: "You guys are the reason I love music and am a musician, and you're the reason I played guitar" (to which he replied: "thank you so much, means a lot")

Larry: "I've seen the show 4 times now. He responds "what do you think?" I reply: "I think it's fantastic." He says "would it better if I played with my shirt off?" And he proceeds to take his shirt off and women scream and he walks away laughing.

Just as they're about to leave I remember something crucially important.

"Bono! Bono! Wait! Edge!"

I'm grasping for one of their hands so I can make sure they hear what I'm about to ask. Life or death situation.

Finally I grab edges hand and he looks at me and everything stops. I say: "why aren't you guys playing any songs from Pop?!" He looks at me for a second, focused. He then gets a pained look on his face and begins walking away. I shout "Mofo! Discotheque! LAST NIGHT ON EARTH!!!"

But it's too late. As we're walking away, the girlfriend says "why were you being so annoying.." To which I replied "YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE IMPORTANCE OF WHAT IVE JUST DONE!"

And I woke up :p
    omg this cracked me up. a+ dream
  2. Yes... a few years , on 360 era, when they were about to play in Brazil... some days before I have a dream that I was working on their crew for that show and they were about to do a soundcheck and were discussing about new songs on setlist... in that dream I was really close and even participate asking for they try Acrobat... so I woke up before the soundcheck starts
  3. I dreamed I went backstage and heard SoE material. Completely new song, I could hear it and it was Bono and everything, it was crazy
  4. I can vividly remember 2 dreams. Both equal in ridiculousness, both in the Vertigo Tour era.

1) Right after I had seen them in Anaheim on the tour, I had a dream that I traveled to see them in Vegas. But it wasn't in the MGM Grand or anything like that. It was some wacko super arena, with seats probably 50+ stories high, and the seats were stacked right on top of each other, and of course, I still ended up in the nosebleeds. So I was basically leaning over a rail looking straight down to see the show.

2) Exact opposite of the first dream. They were in a tiny high school gym. And their stage was practically the size of one of Larry's drum risers. They were playing LAPOE with Bono in the "sinner" jacket and Larry on his one drum. There was a tiny catwalk around the stage that literally took maybe 7 steps to get around, and Bono was just prancing around that catwalk singing his heart out. Truly funny stuff.
  5. Post-show dreams are most usually distressing. I feel your pain. Still remember the dream after seeing them for the first time in 2005 too. They were supposedly playing a free show at one of Madrid's most famous squares but then something terrible happened with the transport and I couldn't get there on time so I missed the show and only got to see the diassembly of the stage. Heartbreaking.
  6. dreams like Bono inviting you to stage and with the security leading you there... and then you wake up?
    yeah, just a few days ago.
  7. A few years ago I dreamt walking in a big, empty arena floor. Everyone appeared to have gone except for Larry. I asked if I could sit down and then we talked for a while. I'm not sure what it was all about but it was a long and good conversation, after which we part and said goodbye.

Couple nights ago I dreamt they were playing If You Wear That Velvet Dress. I'm not a big fan of that song, but I also don't hate it. I remember only that I was very surprised to hear it. And when I woke up I just thought how odd it would be if they would actually be playing it.

8. my dream is to drink a pint of Guinness in Claridge Hotel with them
  9. Had a few recently, last night even. These past few months my dreams (both U2 and non-U2) have been so vivid and easy to remember.
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:A few years ago I dreamt walking in a big, empty arena floor. Everyone appeared to have gone except for Larry. I asked if I could sit down and then we talked for a while. I'm not sure what it was all about but it was a long and good conversation, after which we part and said goodbye.

Couple nights ago I dreamt they were playing If You Wear That Velvet Dress. I'm not a big fan of that song, but I also don't hate it. I remember only that I was very surprised to hear it. And when I woke up I just thought how odd it would be if they would actually be playing it.

I've got a feeling IYWTVD was a déjà-vu instead of a dream
  11. I dreamed for a lot of time ( many years ago and many different times ) that i found some bootlegs on a shop and i bought them ...i was so happy !!!

Some time after U2start became my dream true
  12. I had this one many months ago, and I've just now thought to post it (I'm bored so I'm making more 'perfect setlists' and this gave me an idea).

This was just after the i+e tour was announced. I haven't been able to see U2 live yet, so in my dream I was at my first concert.

The venue was strange -- it was an arena, but a very small one. It was almost more like a theatre or a classical music venue, with seats arranged in a semicircle around a moderately sized stage at the bottom. I was kind of near the front but not in the first couple of rows of seats. There was no floor space, but there was only a small aisle between the seats and the stage. The band had done very little to the stage, the only stuff I remember was a large screen across the back of the stage, quite like the one in the Invisible video. The lighting was very silvery.

Anyway, we were all sitting and kind of quietly murmuring while waiting for the band to take the stage, when they all came out. Edge sat at the piano, but nobody appeared think much of it. Then Adam picked up his bass and the silvery lighting got tinted with orangey streaks and that utterly unmistakable opening of New Year's Day was played.

I remember thinking in the back of my head, 'huh, really weird, I'm pretty sure they've never opened with NYD before' but I was, like all the other people in the crowd, too busy losing my mind to think more about it. Bono saw how enthusiastic we all were, and he lunged out to the edge of the stage and held out the mic to us, and we all sang at the top of our voices in perfect unison, 'ALL IS QUIET! ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!' I remember in the dream tears of joy and excitement -- this was my first U2 gig and this was how it was opening -- streaming down my face. Bono smiled at all of us and sang 'A world in whiiiiiiiiite gets underwaaaaay.' His voice sounded like it does now, but it had a richness and a strength that was pure ZooTV -- like, it was 2015 Bono but with all the vocal power of 1992 Bono, he didn't squeeze out the lyrics like he sometimes does, he really let them just erupt from the bottom of his lungs.

I would have loved to stick around to catch the whole set, but I woke up, with actual tears on my face.

New Year's Day would make an incredible opening song, though. Trust me.