1. as a matter of fact, I dream of them quite often.... maybe once or twice a week seriously. it's almost frightening
    last week, after returning from watching U2 3D, only two nights later I dreamed I sat in that cinema again, and Bono reached out from the 3D screen... and then I was on stage myself, right in the middle of the band I don't know where that came from.
    and two nights ago, i was on a plane, and among other people I didn't know were Bono and Edge, playing some music together. but it was strange, since Edge was hitting a drum all the time while Bono sat there singing without sound so all I heard were Edge's drum and I saw a silent Bono (imagine that)... weird, really
  2. Had ANOTHER one lastnight, they were playing at some festival, i met bono just walking around and he ivited me to come up and play zoo station. i completely cocked up, i was playing the mega guitar riff at the start....good dream though!
  3. i think ill have it when ive seen u23d next week....
  4. I was playing golf with Bono and Edge ...

and Bono was my cady.

I dont even play golf ...
  5. Anyone ever had a Ludic Dream about U2?? I've had some lucid dreams in my life, but they were never about U2..would be cool, because you can control yourself in your dream. So jump on stage and sing along with Bono...

Originally posted by WikipediaA lucid dream, also known as a conscious dream, is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress. During lucid dreams, it is possible to exert conscious control over the dream characters and environment, as well as to perform otherwise physically impossible feats. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream.[1]

A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually concludes that he or she is dreaming, while a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state with no apparent lapse in consciousness.

Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, and its existence is well established.[2][3] Scientists such as Allan Hobson, with his neurophysiological approach to dream research, have helped to push the understanding of lucid dreaming into a less speculative realm.

6. Originally posted by MWSAHAnyone ever had a Ludic Dream about U2?? I've had some lucid dreams in my life, but they were never about U2..would be cool, because you can control yourself in your dream. So jump on stage and sing along with Bono...

[..]

Yeah ive had a few, theyre the best! cos you know that you cant get hurt/can do what you want as you realise its a dream
  7. lucid dreams are awesome though I don't have them all too often.

my last u2 dream, where something actually happened, was a few weeks ago.
    I was walking down the bazaar in my town with bono (who was all pop!era) and
    we were chatting about this and that, while edge (who seemed to have jumped out of the tuf!era) walked some metres in front of us with sunglasses, enjoying the sun.
    at some point, bono called out for edge and he turned around grinning and waving once before he returned to calmly walking further in front of us.

then I had a totally random and very short dream just a few days ago.
    I only remember stepping out of my room and seeing edge standing in the hallway.
    he looked at me and smiled - that's all I remember
  8. I had two last night, both very short.

In the first one, I was in some music store, and I had the new album in my hands. The cover was half black and half white--the white part, on the left, featured a black outline of Bono's face and neck facing to the spine of the CD case. The black part of the cover had a bright yellow sun near the top, and underneath was written in the same bright yellow color: "U2: Solar."

The second dream took place in a huge warehouse, like the ones they keep furniture in. U2 was apparently holding a concert there, because the place was dark, and I was about 15 rows back from the stage on Adam's side. It was pitch black except for a few small lights that outlined the stage. They were playing the end of "Vertigo," right where the snippet of "Stories for Boys" usually comes in, and NO ONE WAS MOVING. Bono was going into a frenzy trying to get the crowd to react, but everyone in the warehouse was just sort of standing there. So I started jumping up and down like my life depended on it, waving my arms, and shouting Bono's name. He apparently heard me, because he looked over at me as he was singing and started singing directly to me and jumping up and down in time with me!

Then of course I woke up.

I don't know which I'd rather have: a new album or Bono singing just to me.
  9. SO I had a weird U2 dream last night, my dreams are always remembered in fragments so I will do my best to piece it together in some coherent fashion

I was watching mtv and an advert for the new U2 album came on, coming November 24 (hmm where'd that date come from?). I thought to myself, "hmm that's weird" So i checked U2.com and there it was. I actually forget the title, but I think it was one word. So mysteriously the record is in my hands and the artwork and pictures look like a rehash of the Joshua Tree, another thing I considered strange, yet accepted. Upon listening it sounded just like Passengers, which made sense since we've read some reports about that, I believe Viva Davidoff was the song playing haha, I even thought to myself, "i've heard this before, this is strange, oh well it's the new album, love it". the even weirder thing was that half of the album had reworked versions of October. I recall listening to Gloria, Rejoice, and With A Shout, they were subtly different, I recall the drum into for Gloria was the same except for the tom-tom use, if that makes sense to non-drummers. I guess that's the gist of it. haha. as i wrote this i realized it's my second "new album" dream, but no need to explain that one, not as interesting haha
  10. Originally posted by thefly07SO I had a weird U2 dream last night, my dreams are always remembered in fragments so I will do my best to piece it together in some coherent fashion

I was watching mtv and an advert for the new U2 album came on, coming November 24 (hmm where'd that date come from?). I thought to myself, "hmm that's weird" So i checked U2.com and there it was. I actually forget the title, but I think it was one word. So mysteriously the record is in my hands and the artwork and pictures look like a rehash of the Joshua Tree, another thing I considered strange, yet accepted. Upon listening it sounded just like Passengers, which made sense since we've read some reports about that, I believe Viva Davidoff was the song playing haha, I even thought to myself, "i've heard this before, this is strange, oh well it's the new album, love it". the even weirder thing was that half of the album had reworked versions of October. I recall listening to Gloria, Rejoice, and With A Shout, they were subtly different, I recall the drum into for Gloria was the same except for the tom-tom use, if that makes sense to non-drummers. I guess that's the gist of it. haha. as i wrote this i realized it's my second "new album" dream, but no need to explain that one, not as interesting haha

Maybe it's all true what you've dreamed. A one word title, comes out on November 24. I'll keep that day free.
  11. Originally posted by markp91[..]

Maybe it's all true what you've dreamed. A one word title, comes out on November 24. I'll keep that day free.

I thought of that! Just hoping it won't be a rehash of JT imagery and reworked versions of old songs and Passenger b-sides lol
  12. I had a really vivid dream last night about the boys (particularly Bono).

I was standing in the parking lot of a local convienence store that's down the street from me with a small crowd of about 15 people. The band were directly in front of us, with their backs to us so they were facing the street. For whatever reason, it was understood that they were about to play a promo concert for their new album to the cars passing by. The band was tuning up, and Bono kept backing up toward us like he knew we were there but was teasing us by not turning around. Everyone else was talking to each other, as if they were refusing to acknowledge the band was there, so I said, "Hey Bono." He turned around--he was literally the same distance from me as any person you would have a normal conversation with. He was wearing jet black pants that looked like imitation leather, a white polo button-up shirt, and the black jacket he wore on the Vertigo Tour. His hair was dyed black as well, The Fly style, and he had orange-tinted sunglasses on. I said, "Bono, you look good." He looked me straight in the eye--I could see how blue they were--and grinned. He put his figner to his lips as if to shush me, then mouthed the words "Thank you" and turned back to the band. I reached out and grabbed his arm, and his jacket felt like velvet--and he turned back to me with another grin and shook his head and pulled his arm gently away. i took a couple steps back, and they started playing a new song. It sounded like a radio-friendly song--it was really pop-ish, with a crescendo-ing finish and one line that went "in the backstreets of your youth." As the song was building up to its end, Bono turned around to us and motioned for all of us to come forward. For whatever reason, we all joined hands, until Bono jumped in next to me and grabbed my hand. He twirled me around and we waltzed around the parking lot as he sang the last lines of the song. It was so vivid--when I woke up it seemed like it had actually happened.

Then of course i woke up. Not a hugely entertaining dream, but its clarity made me feel like I was actually there, making it all the more enjoyable.