1. Watch and be astonished:

Can it be better?
  2. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyWatch and be astonished:

[YouTube Video]

Can it be better?
    As I said, tears have came to my eyes now.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]As I said, tears have came to my eyes now.

I'm looking for some tissues right now
  4. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyI'm looking for some tissues right now
    It's much harder if you know the whole story. Too hard.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]It's much harder if you know the whole story. Too hard.

?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]It's much harder if you know the whole story as I do. Too hard.

Look, I know the story a bit. General Bautista was a dictator, he killed these mother's sons, didn't he?
    Did he do that the same way as in Argentina, were they throwed people out of flying planes? .... I can't find no words for that..
    Would you please share your story about it?
  7. Originally posted by haytrain?
    I mean, you can watch the video and get moved without knowing the history behind it.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I mean, you can watch the video and get moved without knowing the history behind it.

Yeah, I know the story behind the song, and I think probably 90% of the people in these forums do too.
  9. Originally posted by haytrainYeah, I know the story behind the song, and I think probably 90% of the people in these forums do too.
    No, not really. I'm sure 90 % do NOT know the names of the dictators or the dates of the disappearings.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]No, not really. I'm sure 90 % do NOT know the names of the dictators or the dates of the disappearings.

Okay.....But all I said was that 90% of the people here probably know the story behind the song, and I still believe that. Whether or not they know dictator's names or dates is is irrelevant to what I was talking about. Besides, I don't think that knowing dates or names makes the song more emotional for someone, it's the story behind those dates and names that brings out the emotion.
  11. Originally posted by haytrainOkay.....But all I said was that 90% of the people here probably know the story behind the song, and I still believe that. Whether or not they know dictator's names or dates is is irrelevant to what I was talking about. Besides, I don't think that knowing dates or names makes the song more emotional for someone, it's the story behind those dates and names that brings out the emotion.
    The dates and the names were just two examples. I really think that not everybody knows the story. Anyway, let's give up with that.
  12. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Okay.....But all I said was that 90% of the people here probably know the story behind the song, and I still believe that. Whether or not they know dictator's names or dates is is irrelevant to what I was talking about. Besides, I don't think that knowing dates or names makes the song more emotional for someone, it's the story behind those dates and names that brings out the emotion.

Tottaly agree with you!!!
    although sometimes dates and names help to make a picture of the situation!!!
    I dunno in where right now but Bono says this song is about Salvador's mothers of the disappeared....
    The thing is that during the middle 70's Argentina and Chile, where ruled by Dictators...
    they started abducting people, both randomly and marked individuals, who where marked as terrorists, or openly known to be against the regime...
    then Chile, Uruguay and Argentina signed a treaty backed by the US government (disclosed papers of the CIA) called PLAN CONDOR...

wich consisted in abducting individuals, getting them inside a militry plane, get the plane way into open sea and dropping them dead. these people where previously tortured, raped, etc... and then shot dead and they made cuts in their body so that sharks would take care of evidence....

The Mothers of Plaza de Mayo, are the mothers of this young disappeared individuals, who started looking or their relatives, becouse the government would'nt admit their abduction....
    they started walking every wednesday around a pyramid placed in PLAZA DE MAYO just infront of the Goverments house... (equivalent to the WHITE HOUSE)

well gotta go!!!
    I'll continue sometime this weekend!!
    cheers!!!