1. are there any available? I have a couple from Bono and one from Edge's. Being a drummer I would love to hear the mix from his ear.
  2. i've never heard one but I love hearing him count songs in. Before he starts the drums in Desire during Lovetown you can here him belt out a big '1..2..3..4'

3. Hmm, cant access the U2torrent link from work but I know they dont allow IEM recordings there so it would be odd if its even an IEM. Which show is this suppose to be from?
  4. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

Hmm, cant access the U2torrent link from work but I know they dont allow IEM recordings there so it would be odd if its even an IEM. Which show is this suppose to be from?

U2
    08-13-93
    Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
    SBD
  5. it says it's not an IEM, but it's taken from his feed at the mixer board. His drums are very prominent
  6. Originally posted by germcevoyit says it's not an IEM, but it's taken from his feed at the mixer board. His drums are very prominent

Thanks, I dont believe Larry wore an IEM for the Zoo tour (other than on the B stage). So its obviously not Larry's IEM.

I had always heard that audio came from a crappy generation pro shot video feed though and not Larry's monitor mix.

Larry uses very heavy metronome for his IEM mix, drums and bass are very prominant and Bono's vocal is somewhat also. Very little Edge in the mix from what I have heard.

7. soundboards always seem to be missing something. Is there a perfect soundboard? Not talking about broadcasts.
  8. Originally posted by Blue_RoomI had always heard that audio came from a crappy generation pro shot video feed though and not Larry's monitor mix.
    Me too.
    Larry uses very heavy metronome for his IEM mix, drums and bass are very prominant and Bono's vocal is somewhat also. Very little Edge in the mix from what I have heard.
    Thanks for the info. Once again you show us your knowledge. Amazing!

By the way, Blue-Room, do you know any suitable answer to the original request (shows with a LarryIEM recording available?) ??
  9. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

I know very little about these things but that would make sense - why would Larry need to hear Edge? He needs Bono I guess in case he halts the song or something, but otherwise the engine room is all he needs.

If true, it would make for a crappy bootleg anyway........
  10. Originally posted by germcevoysoundboards always seem to be missing something. Is there a perfect soundboard? Not talking about broadcasts.
    I've always said that an Excellent Audience (Ex Aud +++) is better than any soundboard (of course better than any IEM or ALD or whatever). But I don't wanna start another discussion, just give my 2 cents.
  11. Originally posted by djrlewisIf true, it would make for a crappy bootleg anyway........
    Absolutely. "U2" without The Edge is just "U".