1. Originally posted by germcevoyVLC would play a vinyl. Its so versatile

2. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

it really is. My laptop crashed and I lost my DVD codec so I couldn't play DVD's. Downloaded VLC and no problem after that
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

it really is. My laptop crashed and I lost my DVD codec so I couldn't play DVD's. Downloaded VLC and no problem after that

You need yourself a Mac
  4. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

You need yourself a Mac

my next computer is gonna be a Mac. If i've got my own place then it will be an iMac. If not it will be the new Macbook (whenever its out)
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]
    my next computer is gonna be a Mac. If i've got my own place then it will be an iMac. If not it will be the new Macbook (whenever its out)

Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]
    As much as Apple makes nice and simple products Front Row and Apple TV are overly simple and not fun to use. MCE is at least a little colourful and more fun. But I'd take a Mac over Windows anyday, particuarly for the Final Cut Pro software.

Seems we all have a consensus over the Mac.
    I suspect they'll update AppleTV as I gather it's not been selling well and they'll want to consolidate their position with Vista under-performing.
    Given the option at present I'd put the Mac Mini under the TV with an Elgato TV or integrated digital in the TV. Bluetooth the keyboard and mouse, infrared remote. Internet, DVD, iTunes. Job done. Not sure why Apple don't push this more.
  6. true. How awesome would a truly wireless machine be (one cord for the power is acceptable). I can't wait to have my main PC set up like that. if I get the 23'' iMac I wont need a TV
  7. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

[..]

Seems we all have a consensus over the Mac.
    I suspect they'll update AppleTV as I gather it's not been selling well and they'll want to consolidate their position with Vista under-performing.
    Given the option at present I'd put the Mac Mini under the TV with an Elgato TV or integrated digital in the TV. Bluetooth the keyboard and mouse, infrared remote. Internet, DVD, iTunes. Job done. Not sure why Apple don't push this more.

I figure they don't want to start adding free-to-air TV as standard because that'd detract from the iTunes Store selling TV shows. Which Apple and the channels want to make some profits from.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoytrue. How awesome would a truly wireless machine be (one cord for the power is acceptable). I can't wait to have my main PC set up like that. if I get the 23'' iMac I wont need a TV

It's crossed my mind....
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

I figure they don't want to start adding free-to-air TV as standard because that'd detract from the iTunes Store selling TV shows. Which Apple and the channels want to make some profits from.

Even if they didn't do anything with the TV-signal I still think they could push it more as a machine to go under the TV; it has everything else. Just include the £15 converter gizmo and job-done. Especially if AppleTV isn't selling well.
    That way they still get the sales from iTunes (but they seriosuly need to increase the content and re-price over here if they do that)
  10. This :
    Or this? :
  11. top one is a 6500 and the bottom is an N95. I love the power-house nature of the N95 (8GN of memory , 2.6' screen. 5 megapixel camera but its a bulky piece of kit.

I love the 6500 but its only modestly specced. Looks fantastic though
  12. Originally posted by germcevoytop one is a 6500 and the bottom is an N95. I love the power-house nature of the N95 (8GN of memory , 2.6' screen. 5 megapixel camera but its a bulky piece of kit.

I love the 6500 but its only modestly specced. Looks fantastic though

My wife had a N85 and you need pockets the size of Penzance to fit it in. Agree that it's amazingly specced though .

Personal choice of the two would be the 6500; it looks great and I only need a phone to be a phone.

I have this one myself; love it. Does everything a phone needs to:-