1. Originally posted by LikeASong:You both threadjackers, get ye' ass off here!!

On a serious note, I'm having serious trouble with Chrome. It became my main browser over Firefox almost a year ago, and it's amazing, but lately too many pages crash, others don't load when I click the corresponding link, and it's incredibly slow overall. Chrome is the latest version and there are no weird plugins causing the crashes; computer was just formatted the other month and it's fresh in everything else but Chrome. I clean cookies and navigation history every now and then - still the same problems. Any ideas?

This is usually caused by plugins or internet software such as download managers or internet security stuff. Sometimes it's caused by a bad version of flash, try updating flash to the latest version. This happened to me some time ago and after a month of suffering (!) I noticed it's Internet Download Manager causing the flash plugin to crash! Don't know why tho...so I changed my download manager to Free Download Manager, an open source program, and now everything is fine.

BTW, at the risk of thread jacking and being considered sick minded...Chris...this is one hell of a quote:

2. There have been stability issues with Chrome, have been some minor updates that should fix it. Try updating it manually (go to about -> info or something like that).

@Ali hahaha that doesnt sound right out of context!
  3. Originally posted by Risto:There have been stability issues with Chrome, have been some minor updates that should fix it. Try updating it manually (go to about -> info or something like that).

@Ali hahaha that doesnt sound right out of context!

Yea! Specially the " :p " at the end!!
  4. Originally posted by Ali709:This is usually caused by plugins or internet software such as download managers or internet security stuff. Sometimes it's caused by a bad version of flash, try updating flash to the latest version. This happened to me some time ago and after a month of suffering (!) I noticed it's Internet Download Manager causing the flash plugin to crash! Don't know why tho...so I changed my download manager to Free Download Manager, an open source program, and now everything is fine.

Everything is updated to the latest version, browser, flash, java machine, everything. It must be some of the plugins, but I only have 2 installed and they worked more than fine until 2 or 3 weeks ago... That's what puzzles me. I'll try a fresh install, since all bookmarks and passwords are stored on the Google Cloud anyway, I don't lose anything.
  5. Sorry, the Google Cloud rained over my house earlier. Thanks for the new TV Sergio
  6. Too much beer?
  7. Originally posted by Ali709:This is usually caused by plugins or internet software such as download managers or internet security stuff. Sometimes it's caused by a bad version of flash, try updating flash to the latest version. This happened to me some time ago and after a month of suffering (!) I noticed it's Internet Download Manager causing the flash plugin to crash! Don't know why tho...so I changed my download manager to Free Download Manager, an open source program, and now everything is fine.

It was uTorrent (:o) causing the problem. I uninstalled it yesterday -I didn't have any torrents running so no problem- and now everything goes as smooth and fast as ever. Strange.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

It was uTorrent (:o) causing the problem. I uninstalled it yesterday -I didn't have any torrents running so no problem- and now everything goes as smooth and fast as ever. Strange.

Told ya Don't know why this happens, it's different for different people, one of your internet software ends up messing with chrome!

And Chris - Good job then
  9. Originally posted by Ali709:Told ya Don't know why this happens, it's different for different people, one of your internet software ends up messing with chrome!

hahaha yes! That reminds me of a facebook group called "TRUST me, I'm an ENGINEER" hahaha Thanks for your help!

btw, I've re-installed uTorrent and everything works sweet and smooth again. Weird. At least I know what to do if/when the crashes and the slowness come back
  10. Opted for a Nokia 701 to replace the Nexus. Back to Symbian was inevitable now that I have the iPad. Apps just don't matter to me that much. Nice design and the bonus of the good old FM transmitter. Not an OLED screen though.
  11. 42 inch Panasonic Viera Plasma delivered today. Can't wait to get home. Praying there is some football on in HD tonight.