1. Sounds like malware to me. Or something not configurated properly
  2. Sounds fishy. Or the iexplore is loaded by some malware to do some work, or its malware 'impersonating' iexplore.

A third explanation may be buggy software that spawns these processes without a valid reason.
  3. Techs always explain things better ...haha
  4. okay....

I've completely uninstalled IE, restarted the computer and downloaded & installed IE anew.
    Same problem with this activity in the background.

what can I do about this? Get rid of IE and leave it completely? Hit the computer with a hammer? We have an AntiVirus programm running and it never said a word about this.

edit: downloading some anti-malware program now. trying to solve it this way. thanks for the very professional explanations, Chris and Sergio, always grateful you're there to offer your knowledge on these things that I have no clue about :
  5. Its probably not IE's fault. If you want I can have a look tomorrow by using 'Teamviewer'. Then I can use your computer as if i were behind it myself and try to figure out whats wrong
  6. Strange that they remain open when Internet Explorer is shut. It's standard procedure for Internet Explorer to open multiple processes when in operation. An initial process is launched for the program to operate, then further processes are launched for each tab open in the browser.
  7. True, but weird that it starts itself.
  8. Swinging back round to wanting an iPad 2...

Gah, I could walk to Apple tomorrow in 10 minutes and get one...
  9. I think they're worth it. A bit pricey for what they are though.
  10. I'm hoping that it replaces a lot of stuff I already use. I'll probably use FaceTime quite a bit, would love to get my hands on Garageband, Netflix and catch-up TV in bed, gaming on the train, internet/Facebook/Twitter around the house and so forth.

So I think I'll use it more than enough to justify buying it, just the pain of parting with the money... Certainly can't justify extra for the retina display of the 'New iPad' (why not call it iPad 3?). iPad 2 also has the best form factor of the three devices.

Plus I know that it's going to be a solid piece of kit. I know I have criticised Apple down the years, but it's difficult to fault the iRange of products. Just their marketing tactics and a few software restrictions that get to me.

I've reserved one, just got to decide if I'm willing to go and get it. I probably will.
  11. I've had my iPad 2 for a month and a half. Just buy it. Can't say anything other than that. Check Apples own site as they regularly do refurbs for £289.
  12. Just back from you know where.