1. £349 is a bargain then. Realistically if things have moved on leaps and bounds in three years then upgrading again wouldn’t be so hard to stomach.

I’ll report back at the weekend once I’m all setup but I can only imagine that I’ll be saying it’s a great TV for the price.
  2. I've just noticed that my current TV (2014) model actually does 4K @ 60Hz so technically it would be downgrading for me - but then again it doesn't have HDR and the Samsung one does.

Man this is a first world problem lol.
  3. I wanted HDR more than I wanted 4K. And my Plasma didn’t get very bright. Deductions decisions.
  4. Haha I remember when top plasma TVs costed 2 to 4,000 quid... Now you're considering getting a much better one for £350.
  5. I think my next TV is gonna be a philips, just because I like the ambient light
  6. I've moved to the Apple Mouse (the wireless one) - and on Safari, the mouse jitters or inadvertently zooms in and out - has anyone else had this issue? It's a 2019 iMac.

7. Went with the Philips one.
  8. That TV lasted long. Getting a replacement model next week.
  9. Wajoo what happened?

Considering an Ambilight as well, did you like it?
  10. The picture quality was awful in dark scenes. It really struggled and looked pixelated. It happened on everything I was using. Netflix, the PS5, SKY etc. I showed pictures to the shop and they said straight away it looks like a faulty unit but Google suggests that all Philips TV panels are poor. They're sending me a replacement model next week and if I still have the same issue then they said I change brand.

The Ambilight however is absolutely brilliant and I can't say enough about it. It definitely is the biggest selling point of Philips TVs. It might appear a novelty but it genuinely adds to your experience so much. I watched the 360 Blu Ray the other day and Ultra Violet genuinely blew me away with the colours coming from the TV. I can't upload videos here which is a shame but it is definitely worth it.

The picture of UV doesn't do it justice.

11. Uitra Violet looks amazing like that!
  12. Originally posted by SJKamal:The picture quality was awful in dark scenes. It really struggled and looked pixelated. It happened on everything I was using. Netflix, the PS5, SKY etc. I showed pictures to the shop and they said straight away it looks like a faulty unit but Google suggests that all Philips TV panels are poor. They're sending me a replacement model next week and if I still have the same issue then they said I change brand.

[image]

The Ambilight however is absolutely brilliant and I can't say enough about it. It definitely is the biggest selling point of Philips TVs. It might appear a novelty but it genuinely adds to your experience so much. I watched the 360 Blu Ray the other day and Ultra Violet genuinely blew me away with the colours coming from the TV. I can't upload videos here which is a shame but it is definitely worth it.

The picture of UV doesn't do it justice.

[image]

I didn't know that feature, this Ambilight thing looks awesome What a bummer about the dark scenes though, that's awful quality. I wonder how they can get away with selling that!