1. Just one night in 92 but 4 the year after. The Earls Court gig in May 92 wasn’t a great one from what I heard around the time.
  2. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Just one night in 92 but 4 the year after. The Earls Court gig in May 92 wasn’t a great one from what I heard around the time.
    I found it to be brilliant. Love that he did it again a year later in London as well. The beginnings of a Macphisto vocal vibe.

3. Because it does not give me that feeling that I almost always hear in Streets (Then I listened to it better and I must say that it was played well)
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I found it to be brilliant. Love that he did it again a year later in London as well. The beginnings of a Macphisto vocal vibe.
    You mean the Pet Shop boys thing... taking the piss I suppose.
  5. No doubt. I liled it during those London shows. Especially when Bono reverts back to normal vocals. A nice bit of playfulness that's been missing in latter years.
  6. Where can I hear it?

7. You got to listen to the 2015-07-02 - Chicago version

I dont know what flew in Bono that moment, maybe he wanted to compensate the lyrical mess in the beginning of the song and started to sing it like in the 80s.

This version is togheter with 1989-12-26 - Dublin. 1992 Outside Broadcast New York, Popmart Rotterdam, Slane Castle easily one of the best versions of the song.

Start to listen in 6:09 in the video:
  8. Thw problem back then in the '90s and probably into the early noughties was that there was very little in the way of DAW capabilities, meaning that unlike nowadays, if the band got out of sync, the guys on the sound desk couldn't just manipulate the backing track to be in time (this is a lot harder to explain than I imagined) but basically, once the backing track started they had to go with it and there was no room for live spontaneity as there is now (e.g. Bono can waffle on for ages over the intro strings for One, as the guys at the back can just loop it live) - other times the backing rack was a problem were Mysterious Ways in Dortmund '92 and Tel Aviv '97
  9. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Thw problem back then in the '90s and probably into the early noughties was that there was very little in the way of DAW capabilities, meaning that unlike nowadays, if the band got out of sync, the guys on the sound desk couldn't just manipulate the backing track to be in time (this is a lot harder to explain than I imagined) but basically, once the backing track started they had to go with it and there was no room for live spontaneity as there is now (e.g. Bono can waffle on for ages over the intro strings for One, as the guys at the back can just loop it live) - other times the backing rack was a problem were Mysterious Ways in Dortmund '92 and Tel Aviv '97
    Great comment and very clarifying, thank you.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:Really since after the elevation shows they’ve not captured the full magic of the song except when using Zooropa before it for the European I&E shows and MLK at the super bowl.

Totally agree (almost) as I think the 2009 Sheffield radio broadcast was pretty solid.
  11. Agreed, the Sheffield radio broadcast was excellent. Bono in particular was on fire that night.

Come to think of it...I don't think I've ever seen Edge have a rough day in terms of his vocals, has anyone come across a show where his voice wasn't on form?
  12. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    Agreed, the Sheffield radio broadcast was excellent. Bono in particular was on fire that night.

Come to think of it...I don't think I've ever seen Edge have a rough day in terms of his vocals, has anyone come across a show where his voice wasn't on form?
    Popmart Nuremberg.