Originally posted by Elektrik2007Brilliant song, one of my favourites ever, notice how different it was performed during ZooTV 1-3 legs and Zorropa.
During ZooTV Bono sang it it very powerful and strong (highlights: London 1992-05-31, Washington 1992-08-16, Milan 1992 is also good).
And starting from Zooropa tour the mood of this song changed to something more subtle, but not an inch less passionate...it's just it became a bit different (highlights: Dublin 1993-08-28, just AWESOME)
Originally posted by germcevoyonly the Milan 1992-05-22 performance pulls my string. I love the album version also though
Originally posted by NoamTGIt's actually one of the first songs I've ever heard of U2
and I'd listen to it for days [and nights]
so when I found out that it didn't came as a single I was very disapointed!
Originally posted by andyrooh:Have a listen and see if you can pick where (I reckon) Edge could have developed his guitar riff for the end of Miracle Drug (best place to compare is Vertigo Chicago - funnily enough also the same guitar). Have a listen to the Youtube link above, between 6min 41sec & 7min. I know the rate of strumming isn't the same, probably double the time, but very similar note progression (and sound) to the final couple of lines in Miracle Drug. Some may disagree, but as soon as I heard it, it hit me. I thought wow that sounds like something else I know.
I think I never noticed it until now because not hearing it live before, it sounds as though it's played slightly different to the album version - what do people think?
Originally posted by WojBhoy:Just on a whim, I felt like using the Search function Remy so kindly provides for us on this site so that one may RECYCLE a thread should one feel the need, and I found this one.
· 1993-07-31 - Stockholm, Sweden - Stockholms Stadion
· 1993-08-03 - Nijmegen, Netherlands - Goffert Park
· 1993-08-07 - Glasgow, Scotland - Celtic Park
· 1993-08-08 - Glasgow, Scotland - Celtic Park
· 1993-08-11 - London, England - Wembley Stadium
· 1993-08-12 - London, England - Wembley Stadium
· 1993-08-14 - Leeds, England - Roundhay Park
· 1993-08-18 - Cardiff, Wales - Arms Park
· 1993-08-20 - London, England - Wembley Stadium
· 1993-08-21 - London, England - Wembley Stadium
· 1993-08-24 - Cork, Ireland - Pairc Ui Chaoimh
· 1993-08-27 - Dublin, Ireland - R.D.S. Showgrounds
· 1993-08-28 - Dublin, Ireland - R.D.S. Showgrounds
· 2009-06-30 - Barcelona, Spain - Camp Nou